Archived Shops At Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cloths in RTW sold ok but not nearly as well as other launches. Missoni didnt last a day and Jason Wu was down to 1 rack the end of the launch. And don't get me started on liberty of London I think that stayed on the racks all of 5 minutes. Intimates and men's didn't sell at all but the acc end cap is getting close to needing to be taken down.
The problem is the quality really you want me to buy a bunch of plastic cups with crap screen printed on them? They should have used real glass had better candy and not put the cosbar end cap with the nail care items next to all the opi stuff...I think the journals are cute and when clearance hit the over priced dog treats my puppy will be happy but seriously target? Lame launch

Last edited:
Ugh, biggest flop of an idea in a while. I think the one that really got me was the candy endcap. I had no idea how lame it was gonna be. Throw a few bit-o-honey(i.e. one spot candy) into a plastic jar and BOOOM charge $5.

It just seems pretentious and I think will lose us a lot of guest respect. The economy still isn't great. People aren't paying for packaging and appearance. They want substance, something most of these "Shops" don't offer.

The Shops have just been a big disappointment. Especially following the Missoni launch which was hugely successful in all areas.

Last edited:
The idea seems to miss the point of boutique shops entirely.
People go to little shops like that for the exclusivity and expect to pay extra for something special.
They don't go to Target for those things.

I agree they should be merchandised closer together. The endcaps just don't jump out at you. And how about featuring them in the ad?

Geez yeah I'm really glad I busted my ass to get this stuff set by 8... real big seller. This type of launch doesn't exactly appeal to my store's guest demographic...lots of mullet-sporters and elderly folk.

Yea, when I first saw the ad of the Shops at Target, was expecting like at least one aisle of stuff, not an endcap!!! I agree on the candy, the jars of gum balls, twizzler things, and gummies are $5, if I wanted to pay that price I go to the movies and get concessions. Also a lollipop is $3, really? Whoever buys that is a real "sucker" *( I know lame, but had to do it). All and all I believe this is a big bust, lets just skip all the crappy of what corporate thinks will bring in an extra $1,000 and get our Apple stores in.

Webster stuff seems to selling okay-ish.

Sold maybe two of the Candy Shop stuff - far overpriced crap. I mean, come on, for the retro candy (10$?!) you could buy bags of two of the items within it for a total of 1$ each in One Spot. I was amazed that a guest bought one of those today. o_O'

Also sold some of the polka dot bakery stuff.

No clue how co-workers did. :C

Sooo, the shops @ target stuff is now at 50% clearance. At least, the candy store stuff is.

The sour candy stars are really good, especially at half price!

the shops was a waste, the stuff was mediocre at best, with the best thing being the softlines webster line. the cosbar had a chance as it was fairly cheap, but the whole endcap screamed halloween/fall colors. i think that would have done better with bright summer colors. the 2 endcaps and one focal of privet house would have done better as a trend run.....at least then it would have been easier to make a clearance block when it got marked down. the polka dog was so so, but i was expecting gourmet or perhaps diet friendly treats/food. grain free treats and food wouldve been excellent as this is a market that target is really missing out on. and finally the candy was ridiculous. honestly necco wafers, razzle dazzles, and bit o honey??? honestly the only thing missing from this pile of dissapointment was circus peanuts. i think the idea of the shops was fairly neat, but poorly executed. since this poor attempt to keep guests interested in boutique brands will be around again in september, hopefully they do a little more research on whose products they will be selling, and the potential to sell in stores.

A sign that The Shops were a failure is that they are not gloating about them on Workbench. I find it hilarious, especially since the second round is coming in about 2 months.

The only winners in this failure were the actual shops and people who bought the crap on clearance.

A sign that The Shops were a failure is that they are not gloating about them on Workbench. I find it hilarious, especially since the second round is coming in about 2 months.

The only winners in this failure were the actual shops and people who bought the crap on clearance.

I asked my presentation team lead about the next round. He said the Target is going to keep the ones that did well. I was thinking they all more or less flopped.

Privet House had nice stuff, but the fact their name was a big part of the design on all their stuff turned me off on it.

That and I couldn't afford a $80 bean bag ottoman.

The 'retro' candy didn't move until it was 50% off; still a lot of Cosbar on the clearance endcap; Polka Dog is mostly gone because we have a lot of guests with pampered pooches.
Mostly a flop.

I was at a store a month ago or so that already had the cos bar at 50% off. I picked up some nail polish for 2 dollars. Not too bad, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back