Archived Should I bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night I was backing up to the lanes. I had just finished with my last guest and was about to call over another guest considering we had started getting back up again, when suddenly one of my TMs (who I work with frequently) told me she needed to talk to me. So we go in to a little hallway area near our break room away from guests and other TMs. Then she suddenly starts yelling at me about how I was rude to her last Tuesday. I've had a very busy and stressful few weeks mind you so honestly days are meshing together and I can't remember when I worked/what even happened that day. So she goes on to say the way I talked to her over the walkie was rude.

Now remembering Tuesday I say "Well I just thought it was odd that you would ask if anyone had abandons and once I reply you felt the need to ask me if I needed help." My response mind was Yeah in a sort of "Duh" kind of tone. TM "Well we had other carts out on the floor and the way you replied to me was rude and I don't appreciate it." (I work softlines she works hardlines) So I apologize for coming off rudely and not meaning to sound this way. Then she says to me "You're lucky I didn't tell ETL *NAME* and ETL *NAME* about what happened on Tuesday. Then she starts going on about how I didn't thank her for her help and how I was really rude and she didn't appreciate it. so I apologize again for coming off that way and not thanking her. I stated to her that she didn't talk to me at all while she helped me. her response was because she was pissed at me and she made some other comment about how there were still other abandons on the floor for hardlines. My thought was "Then why didn't you go over there instead. Why come and help me out if I gave you attitude?"

A little back story on this TM. She hardly ever backs up, until recently when we have started using first responder lists to make sure everyone is taking their rightful turn up at the lanes (really because of her). She has a piss poor attitude and constantly complains about EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that deals with target. When she responds over the walkie to anything it's always in a whinny kind of voice like "really I have to be the one to do this" sort of way. This TM has also been harassing my TM/friend (a straight female) for two years and some odd months with it just recently stopping because she has moved on to a new TM. All the TLs and ETLs at my store know about and nothing has really been done to stop it.

Anyways I walked away from the situation rather pissed that she pulled me in like and sort of attacked me (if you can call it that). She is also officially on her two weeks notice. My question to this rather long post (sorry by the way) is do I even bother talking with an ETL about this? I'm not comfortable working by her after this little talk she had with me and I'm not even sure an ETL would do anything. I have confined in two of my close TM/friends and they both believe I should talk to a ETL even if they don't talk to her because she's on her two weeks. I'm sorry again that this is long, I was just interested in what you all had to say/opinions/thoughts were.

Aww sorry this happened :( If it was me I'd just be the bigger person and just walk away (Which you did very well) and stick it out for the rest of her notice period because she is going to be gone anyways and she might want you to do that cause some people do love and breathe drama while ruffling people's feathers.

I don't like being yelled at either especially in stressful situations or in a one on one enclosed room it makes me feel uncomfortable...I think telling someone something in a kind voice is easier on both sides.

No worries about the long post it helps to vent :)

P.S it's probably a good thing you're both in separate departments

Last edited:
If she wasn't going to be gone soon I would certainly talk to an ETL about her behavior.
I understand going to the person first if you have an issue with them rather than dragging the bosses into it but that is ridiculous and over the top.
GTC for your handling of the situation, you showed maturity and a great deal of patience.
Much more then I would have that is for sure.

As to the length of your post, you don't have to apologize.
That's what we are here for.
There are so often things that you just can't rant about at work, that have to be handled some place else.
This is the place.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I had decided not to talk to an ETL, because she is on her way out. But tonight at huddle I was not comfortable being around her even with everyone around us. So I talked to the ETL that was there Tuesday night and Sunday night. I told her everything. Turns out she did have a talk with the ETL, but the ETL commented to me "I knew there was another side to the story" and said she would have a talk with her. Whether that happens or not i'm not sure nor do I really care. I'm just glad I told an ETL and feel like a weight has been lifted. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back