Archived Should I feel guilty about calling out tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am about to receive my degree in Intl. Relations and graduate in a few weeks. Tomorrow and the next day I have 2 presentations to give, both worth 20-30% of my grades in the classes and one I have to speak for 25 minutes. I am almost done with them but I am scheduled to work from 5 to closing. A short shift (we close at 10), but I already have so much anxiety to get top grades in these classes so I can keep my grad school spot.

I want to call out tomorrow. I dont need the $70 that I will make as I am almost at my 9K goal saved and in a few weeks I am taking vacation time and transferring to a target in my hometown. I hardly call out maybe once every few months and ive been at this store for about 9 months now. Should I feel guilty for calling out? I kind of do feel so but I have to graduate with good grades.

So I am about to receive my degree in Intl. Relations and graduate in a few weeks. Tomorrow and the next day I have 2 presentations to give, both worth 20-30% of my grades in the classes and one I have to speak for 25 minutes. I am almost done with them but I am scheduled to work from 5 to closing. A short shift (we close at 10), but I already have so much anxiety to get top grades in these classes so I can keep my grad school spot.

I want to call out tomorrow. I dont need the $70 that I will make as I am almost at my 9K goal saved and in a few weeks I am taking vacation time and transferring to a target in my hometown. I hardly call out maybe once every few months and ive been at this store for about 9 months now. Should I feel guilty for calling out? I kind of do feel so but I have to graduate with good grades.

Two words..... hell no! Do not ever feel guilty for calling out at Target. I know at my store, management gets giddy about call outs. It means they don't have to cut. And don't let anyone try to hand you that line about "your coworkers will have to pick up your work." That's a self created Target problem. What they mean is .... we won't replace your hours because we wanted to cut payroll anyway, even if they don't need to cut.

I wouldn't feel guilty, just know that your new store will look at your timecard and attendance before accepting your transfer!

call in, but don't tell them why. if they ask, tell them you're sick. you'll be fine.

I wouldn't feel guilty, just know that your new store will look at your timecard and attendance before accepting your transfer!

Hi,
Theyve already accepted it and at the end of May I am transferring and I have a day for when I start work at the new store :) I only call out once every few months, and have never been late and no NCNS

You most definitely should feel guilty and how dare you go to college. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to support yourself and family on 8 hours a week. If you work hard and meet your goals you'll be rewarded with even fewer hours next year. You want the shareholders happy, don't you?

No, don’t feel guilty and don’t jeopardize your future for Spot. School has to come first, but don’t tell Spot that, just tell them that you can’t come in. Remember Spot would likely cut your hours until you starve to death in the dark and never think twice about it. Just look at it this way, this time you cut your hours before they did.😂 Good luck!

No, don’t feel guilty and don’t jeopardize your future for Spot. School has to come first, but don’t tell Spot that, just tell them that you can’t come in. Remember Spot would likely cut your hours until you starve to death in the dark and never think twice about it. Just look at it this way, this time you cut your hours before they did.😂 Good luck!

Yeah I was going to tell them I am sick with a raspy voice lol :p

School comes first. I always make sure that my store knows that and when I start slipping and feeling bad about it, my GSTL is the first one to let me know “school is priority.”

I’m the exact same way with my cashiers. Especially since most of them are college students, they feel bad if they need more time to study for finals or put school first. Same thing with them wanting to skip their breaks because they wanna be team players. I always tell them “We don’t get paid enough to put our outside lives on hold and to skip breaks. We’ll be fine.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back