Archived Should I tell the HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ADD but recently I have had trouble focusing I do take medicine for it but lately it hasn't been helping and naturally it is taking a toll on my work. The GSTL noticed the other day when I was at the service desk and said you have a guest ( I was zoning out) should I tell the HR that I having trouble focusing at work ( doing the service desk) What should I do??

Absolutely, thats what we are here for. The reason you need to tell your ETL HR is so they can make reasonable accomodations for you. If you get coached or written up that would hurt your performance review and lead to other problems.

ADA law has your back on this. We have a TM with severe OCD (may even be autistic), he only zones and does reshop because our ETL HR is the store mom and went to bat for him.

I have ADD but recently I have had trouble focusing I do take medicine for it but lately it hasn't been helping and naturally it is taking a toll on my work. The GSTL noticed the other day when I was at the service desk and said you have a guest ( I was zoning out) should I tell the HR that I having trouble focusing at work ( doing the service desk) What should I do??

Definitely tell HR and I would suggest having some type of doctor's note placed in your file listing your ADD. This will assist you in more ways than you know. HR will not ask for this directly but I suggest you offer it to them.
Also, to be fair to your HR, inform them specifically what causes you to lose focus-down time, a specific task, etc? This way they can try to assist you as best as they can. Also, in the past, if something didn't work, then don't be afraid to state such and readjust your plan with HR. A good HR rather have a good employee who needs a little assistance than going back into the applicant pool and having only a 50% chance (prob lower) the person will be good.

Yes I am aware of that. I think I might be better in another part of the store and HR might be able to help me with that. Naturally HR wasn't in at all today I'll have to wait until they come in. My question is this will they question why I waited so long to bring up my ADD??

If they do, simply tell them what you said in your first post: that you were managing it with medication which seems to have lost effectiveness.
And, rather than go thru medication trials that could further impact your performance, perhaps they could find you a better fit in another workcenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back