Corporate Should Target continue closing its stores at 9 PM?

I think, based on what I saw on my new schedule, regular hours resume the week of June 7.

Ugh.

Honestly, I don’t get the point of “closing early”
When we close at 9pm, we don’t “clean” the store. Or restock the shelves. Everyone in the building starts picking for sfs/opu. With the exception of 1 TM doing reshop.
How is closing early related to covid measures?
We end up working the freight that didn't get done during the day. Our line hasn't been totally clean for months.

Question- I’m returning from LOA as a closing expert for the first time since these new hours went into effect. What do you do the last 2 hours after the store closes? I assume just finish your zone and reshop as usual?

Question- I’m returning from LOA as a closing expert for the first time since these new hours went into effect. What do you do the last 2 hours after the store closes? I assume just finish your zone and reshop as usual?
Pretty much. I'm in fulfillment so I'm not 100% sure you all don't have other stuff piled on but it doesn't seem so at my store. Love closing right now. Guests don't bother me, I like helping people, but I can get a lot more done without the interruptions.

Pretty much. I'm in fulfillment so I'm not 100% sure you all don't have other stuff piled on but it doesn't seem so at my store. Love closing right now. Guests don't bother me, I like helping people, but I can get a lot more done without the interruptions.
I hope so. Even if I’m asked to do occasional cleaning or help out with stocking and picks, I’m sure the zone will be easier to manage since it’s not being shopped as hard.

I liked the 9pm close as well...butt......that is one less hour of work. And for dedicated closers that was 5 missing hours a week. So bring on the 10pm closings. I'm sure if you are habitually thrown into clopeners you really appreciated the extra hour.

Most people at my store that used to be scheduled to 11 were still scheduled to 11, they could just get a helluva lot more work done. If not, they were happy to not have to work so late. YTMSMV.

Yea that didn't even last the next writing of the schedule. These days it is even worse, the only people after the doors close are one market, one hardlines, and as of just recently one style (We average 80-120K a day store). Style is now solo most of the night now, the second person was moved to a much earlier shift. Have mercy on their souls.

Wouldn’t work everywhere. My store is dead until 5pm and it pops off until 11p on normal weekdays. Stores across the country close between 9p and 12a Depending on demand for the area.

We used to be scheduled to 11, then 10, now? Ha ha 9pm have fun recovering your section while guests still demand my attention until 859. Like we used to use those 2 hours to catch up on freight/clean up . Now? Sorry opener that things are a mess

Tonight was our first night at 10, but it was pretty slow. This is the first night we might either not make sales or just barely in months (not including early closure days due to protests, obvs). We're normally double digits over forecast. People must have got their shit together before Father's Day.

Tonight was our first night being back to regular hours only no one told the team till like 8. I thought I'd be home by 10. Nope!

Back to regular hours for us last night too. Sunday nights are usually slowish, so thankfully we were able to recover because when I came in we were trashed.

This actually makes More sense. This is how Costco runs things. If ur concerned about hours, It's better this way because they can lump a lot of the available team members into one 8 hour block like mid day then just have less closing shifts.

Back