Archived Sick on first day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I'm not sure what to do. I just had my orientation yesterday and I am scheduled to have my first shift today. I woke up this morning feeling really sick and puking. I know I shouldn't call in sick on my first day, but I can't stand/walk around without feeling nauseous and throwing up. What should I do??

I'd go in and let them see how sick you are.
Let them send you home.

I know in my state it is illegal to work in a facility that serves food (grocery stores and Target's too) when it's known that you are throwing up or shitting your brains out.

I'm worried I will get in trouble for it and won't be kept after the 90 days, because they might not believe that I'm actually sick on my first day. But I'm not even sure if I can get out of bed long enough to get ready for work without throwing up...

I'm worried I will get in trouble for it and won't be kept after the 90 days, because they might not believe that I'm actually sick on my first day. But I'm not even sure if I can get out of bed long enough to get ready for work without throwing up...
Tell them you're vomiting. Trust me they will send you home because they'll assume you're contagious and it shouldn't hurt you in anyway. Or just vomit on your way in the door then you're golden!

There's no doubt that it will be a bad first impression, but you have 3 months to work your ass off and prove them wrong.

I guess I'll just go to work... I'm probably going to be really dehydrated so hopefully I don't pass out

I would call and tell them that I'm coming in sick and will probably need to go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back