Archived Sidecaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Dec 24, 2012
Messages
21
I'm noticing a bunch of issues with sidecaps being set up. Since sidecaps don't have end dates like e.c.'s I'm noticing: 1) Ppl are killing sidecaps that are still active (w/ no home locs.) and replacing it w/ new pogs that are only 10% full, so basically the remaining 90% are flex. If you're wondering wt happened to the old pog, well some smarty pants killed it and mixed the active items with clearance. The old pog isnt even tied to a ghost loc or 98. 2.) Ppl are not respecting the "recommended" placement and are placing endcaps wherever they find space. So my question is, what are the rules to sidecaps? Also, when can we make the decision to kill them?
 
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
710
the sidecaps reset this week. pull the pogs. the pog will tell you which sidecap it replaces by pog #.
i usually pull up the pogs in online planogram, make a list of the locations that are going away, take them all down, backstock the NOP/discontinued product, and move the clearance to the endcaps in the dept. then you can put the new ones up where they are called for. this is especially helpful to do when all of the sidecaps aren't resetting and you don't want to waste time looking at every one of them.

if you don't replace the pog # as directed by the new sidecap pogs, you end up with old sidecaps. your team should be backstocking nop/disc product per best practice. it will also jack up your pricing scores when they can't find the stuff. 90% of it gets marked down within a couple of days of the new set or revises into an aisle. NEVER flex product from the sidecaps down the aisles or leave it on a sidecap. once set, you cannot kill them early due to sf loc accuracy. you should research, view the instocks report under store reports for instock issues, and mysupport the issue. usually the product gets mixed into the aisle with the regular product (especially chapstick and bonus items) and it screws up the counts all the way around.
 

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
195
the sidecaps reset this week. pull the pogs. the pog will tell you which sidecap it replaces by pog #.
i usually pull up the pogs in online planogram, make a list of the locations that are going away, take them all down, backstock the NOP/discontinued product, and move the clearance to the endcaps in the dept. then you can put the new ones up where they are called for. this is especially helpful to do when all of the sidecaps aren't resetting and you don't want to waste time looking at every one of them.

if you don't replace the pog # as directed by the new sidecap pogs, you end up with old sidecaps. your team should be backstocking nop/disc product per best practice. it will also jack up your pricing scores when they can't find the stuff. 90% of it gets marked down within a couple of days of the new set or revises into an aisle. NEVER flex product from the sidecaps down the aisles or leave it on a sidecap. once set, you cannot kill them early due to sf loc accuracy. you should research, view the instocks report under store reports for instock issues, and mysupport the issue. usually the product gets mixed into the aisle with the regular product (especially chapstick and bonus items) and it screws up the counts all the way around.
For the love of all that is holy. Where does it say the d-code merch should be backstocked???
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2011
Messages
579
This is what is funny about Target, two processes working against each other.
The BRTL pulls all d-code to get it out per their brand walk. The PTL backstocks d-code per NOP best practice. Then the HLTL and PATL have to deal with both.

As to the sidecaps, when they set full, good. When they set empty, or go clearance, or can't hold presentation...snatch those mother ****ers down and toss them in the back corner of the fixture room, under something, and cover them up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top