Archived Market Sidecap Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m looking to tear down some old side caps and put up fresh new ones, but I’m at a loss for ideas. Any ideas for sidecaps to put up in market that correlate with the product in the aisle?

I think sides are a good opportunity for vendor product. Low maintenance and they'll appreciate the incremental space.
Pepperidge farm has sidecaps for $1 goldfish cartons that do well in my store.
Energy Drinks
Candy, especially with mother's day coming up. Ghirardelli/Lindt on sale right now. Dove might be too i dont remember.
Wine/Liquor stuff adjacent to adult beverage.
Those good2grow juices next to soda.

I don't remember. Sidecaps usually set with the salesplans

They can lead to good vendor relations, mostly for the ones who get a cut.

Did a good job for us, Thank you. Here's more space for you to make money, for the next two months.

I think sides are a good opportunity for vendor product. Low maintenance and they'll appreciate the incremental space.
Pepperidge farm has sidecaps for $1 goldfish cartons that do well in my store.
Energy Drinks
Candy, especially with mother's day coming up. Ghirardelli/Lindt on sale right now. Dove might be too i dont remember.
Wine/Liquor stuff adjacent to adult beverage.
Those good2grow juices next to soda.

I don't remember. Sidecaps usually set with the salesplans
I second this and what my store does as well. All of our side caps reset last week and most of them had terrible in stocks so they’re already different than they’re supposed to be

Our vendors always take the sidecaps without asking first and it's super annoying, especially when they take the ones we have plenty of product for. Or combine their stuff with what is tied there. I have one sidecap with gum and a Pepsi energy drink on it.

There is some great cross merchandising you can do: Prilosec/Tums next to the taco stuff, toothbrushes/floss next to candy aisle, can openers next to canned vegetables, flavored water drops near bottled water.

Our vendors always take the sidecaps without asking first and it's super annoying, especially when they take the ones we have plenty of product for. Or combine their stuff with what is tied there. I have one sidecap with gum and a Pepsi energy drink on it.

There is some great cross merchandising you can do: Prilosec/Tums next to the taco stuff, toothbrushes/floss next to candy aisle, can openers next to canned vegetables, flavored water drops near bottled water.
That's what your Food TL should be cracking down on. If the vendor is going to do that kind of thing, the automatic answer for any incremental space they're asking for should be an automatic no and they should be made aware of why. Force them to credit that product and they'll stop real quick. Credits are kind of a measure of performance for them.

Barbecue /cookout stuff w small grill accessories on the side pegs.

Reactions: Dog
Most of our sidecaps are extra vendor space but right now we do have one with ketchup and mustard and other condiments for cookouts, and then that weird coconut water display

We have those weird little Nutella & Go things on one of our side caps and they sell like crazy. Otherwise a lot vendor product, or really just anything that we have a shit ton of in the back they’ll thrown on a side cap until we unload some of it.

I think sides are a good opportunity for vendor product. Low maintenance and they'll appreciate the incremental space
This
Chat up the sales reps and see if they have anything new or different they wanna try selling
Pepsi rep mentioned some new frap flavors they were putting out at other stores, asked if she wanted a sidecap to try pushing them at our store and it's working out pretty well

we have one with those Bai drinks that sits there and collects dust, and another of Red Bull on the beer aisle that kinda sorta sells but mainly is just there for motorized carts to crash into. idk what's going on over there because a lot of product is ghost tied to sidecaps that have never existed

My store often does stuff like... Prilosec and Nexium near foods that could be heartburn-inducing.

So don't just be thinking about food. Think about what kind of products people associate with those foods; ie, "if I eat this delicious garbage, I'm gonna get heartburn BUT IT'S WORTH IT"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back