Archived Signing Team Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

So I've been a cashier (hired as seasonal) for about four months, and for a variety of reasons I don't like it. Recently, a cashier complained to me about doing softlines and after asking around about it I think that would be a better fit. Unfortunately there's no open job positions for it. However, there is an opening for a signing team member position and after doing some quick research it seems to be a decent fit, but I could be wrong.

I was thinking of getting crosstrained in softlines but I'm afraid that because my red card conversion is horrible they won't even train me. My goal is to get a position with less customer interaction, that's more independent, and has less emphasis on pushing red cards. So would it be better to be crosstrained in softlines or try and apply for the signing position?

Our signing team members are never called up for backups and most have very early morning shifts (before the store opens). I would go that route if I was looking to get away from customer interaction. Softlines would be an alternative if the signing position fell through, but they are called up for backup cashiering constantly. Good luck to you!

By the way I've never seen team members judged (as far as cross training is concerned) for red card conversion. In reviews, yes, but not for cross training. If anything it's a sign that you might be a better fit in another department.

Go for it.
Get as much cross training as possible.

Signing is one of the best gigs in the store. Fairly consistent hours and a lot of freedom and responsibility to organize and plan your own workload. Also a normally consistent schedule, most of them are M-F or Sun-Thu, or a rotating ad Sunday.

Thank you everyone for your replies! :)

Signing is one of the best gigs in the store. Fairly consistent hours and a lot of freedom and responsibility to organize and plan your own workload. Also a normally consistent schedule, most of them are M-F or Sun-Thu, or a rotating ad Sunday.

That sounds great actually! One of the things I wish I had was a consistent schedule.

Who would be the best person for me to ask about getting crosstrained? Also is it true that you can't be afraid of heights as a signing team member? I saw that in another thread.

You' re got to hang the overheads and CSE. You'll be up on the wave and ladders. You can also use a one up pole, but they don't always work for everything. Talk to your pog TL about it, your GSTL, HR, and the ETL over the pog team. Make sure your exec team knows you're interested, but strive to excel in the job you have now in the meantime.

If you are really looking to work more independently and not have to deal with guests as much, you should ask about getting trained in the Backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back