Archived Sketchy HR ( Leadership)moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know if anyone can confirm a few things that I'm sure I know the answer to but just want confirmation.
  1. All open positions need to be posted at minimum at the store level
  2. Leadership SRTL can not have a family member (child) working in store due to the obvious
  3. Position not yet announced in store(closing lead) already determined to go to TL who is now SRTL who has only been in position as a TL for 4 months

Favoritism running amuck elsewhere?

Team Members are supposed to be approaching their Leaders about wanting to change work-centers. You could ask HR if positions are open, but they might not know. It's up to Leadership to communicate that to them.

We have a SRTL who's sister works in the store, they don't do the same departments so it's not an issue at all.

Try being happy for that TL? Maybe they're killing it.

The TL position I got was never posted as they were performancing out the TL who’s Position I was supposed to immediately occupy.

My store had a SRTL who had their daughter there, just in another workcenter. Up to discretion.

maybe she’s doing a great job and you’re just seeing things in a different tint.

1. Open positions are supposed to be posted. Doesn’t mean that leadership hasn’t already decided who will get the position before that paper hits the wall.
  2. TL and child working in different areas was permitted in my store.
  3. See 1 above. Lack of time in position won’t keep someone from a position if that’s who leadership wants, and years of seniority won’t help if leadership favors another.

1.) positions don’t need to be posted unless they are interviewing for it. If they’re transferring someone or promoting without an interview (I did this) they don’t need to post it. Like the closing lead thing.
2.) this ones a little iffy but with senior going away it doesn’t matter anymore.
3.) This will be the case in a lot of stores. The position gets offered to the seniors before anyone else due to being a lateral move for them in terms of pay grade. If the seniors don’t want it then they can post it to interview or offer it to someone.

Edit: My old store would often already have someone on the bench they were going to promote when a TL spot would open but would interview and post anyway to gauge interest and encourage development for the next spot.

SrTL having a child working in the store could be an issue because of LOD shifts, but it’s possible the schedule is so that the kid isn’t working when the parent is LOD? Either way I don’t think it’s the most awful thing in the world as long as the parent treats everyone fairly.

They don’t post positions in my store if they already have someone for the job (not sure if this is really right or not. We had a TPS position open recently and nothing was posted about it in the store, didn’t post closing lead either like your post states, but I don’t even see the need to post a position like closing lead due to the fact that if your leadership wanted you for the job you would know about it) but you are welcome to view the positions open at your store anytime using JAS/internal applications.

Soooooo I assumed Target had certain protocol in these instances to avoid issues arising. I could be wrong and a bit old school but if married couples can't be in the same store and if those dating can't be under the one they are dating then I'd assume mother/child could possibly be an issue. I know most leadership is picked and decided before hand...it's not uncommon. If Target has no issue with it, no guidelines or stipulations then it is what it is.

The position needing to be posted can be gotten around easily. When I was promoted, it was technically as an additional TL. Who just so happened to be able to be moved into the vacancy that appeared immediately after.

I worked in a store with a SLTL and her son that worked in electronics.
Same store has Sr Consumables TL (with LOD shifts) and her son was a GSA. Didn't take closing LOD shifts when her son did closing GSA due to 239 issues.

We have lots of relatives working together in various departments , some the same/some different: Spouses/children/other relationships.
Not ALL open positions have been posted.
Some positions have been filled before anyone knows they are available.
Often many tm’s interview for a position and HR continues to hold position open. Just because 15 tm’s want it doesn’t mean one of them is going to get it - all 15 may not be qualified (in the eyes of the STL).
We interview internally within store, by transfer AND externally for the best candidate.
I have often seen STL make the offer to a tm to promote BEFORE the tm shows an interest.
In fact, I have never seen an open position filled by a tm that requests an interview UNLESS the tm was approached by the STL/HR first.
(If they wanted you they would have asked you before you asked them )

Now......who believes FAVORITISM plays a larger role that qualified ?

Also, who believes all leadership positions are filled with : young/attractive candidates ?

What are the chances of any older/overweight tm to promote ?

We have lots of relatives working together in various departments , some the same/some different: Spouses/children/other relationships.
Not ALL open positions have been posted.
Some positions have been filled before anyone knows they are available.
Often many tm’s interview for a position and HR continues to hold position open. Just because 15 tm’s want it doesn’t mean one of them is going to get it - all 15 may not be qualified (in the eyes of the STL).
We interview internally within store, by transfer AND externally for the best candidate.
I have often seen STL make the offer to a tm to promote BEFORE the tm shows an interest.
In fact, I have never seen an open position filled by a tm that requests an interview UNLESS the tm was approached by the STL/HR first.
(If they wanted you they would have asked you before you asked them )

Now......who believes FAVORITISM plays a larger role that qualified ?

Also, who believes all leadership positions are filled with : young/attractive candidates ?

What are the chances of any older/overweight tm to promote ?
I’m overweight and I promoted from TM.

Last edited:
Position not yet announced in store(closing lead) already determined to go to TL who is now SRTL who has only been in position as a TL for 4 months
Favoritism running amuck elsewhere?

I am not sure how it was in other stores but our leadership sent an email to all TLs about the closing position at the beginning of the year. It could quite possibly be that no other lead wanted closing lead. That lead might have volunteered for it. I did for my store.

We just had just a tm get promoted to closing lead.
We also have married couples, dating couples, mother/daughters and its not been an issue ever that i know of.
There is so much favoritism at play its insane- and its at every job. If someone of importance likes you, the better chances you have of being promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back