Archived sketchy(?) return situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill of All Trades

hang on, I've got a blinker
So there I was, at Guest Services...

A guest came in with a return- 12 air freshener refills. It was an online order. She had an invoice, but it was unlike any online invoice I have ever seen. It was dated about a week ago and it was all black ink- no red bullseye- and it didn't show any prices. But it did say Target and it looked "real" enough. The order (on the invoice) was divided into two items, one for 4 air fresheners and one for 8. The DPCIs were identical for both orders, and all twelve of the items she brought back were identical. She said the items were not the fragrance that she had ordered.

I scanned the invoice (it actually said "scan to return" under the barcode) and nothing would return. I ran her Redcard, and it let me return four items only. The rest said "item not found." When I did a price inquiry on the item I got "item not found" but the PDA showed that we used to stock it. I offered a no receipt return for the last price we had in the system, but she said she paid almost double that. I apologized and told her I couldn't offer her any more than $x.xx per refill and told her that if she brought an invoice with prices that I might be better able to help her. She took the eight items that I wasn't able to return and left.

My questions: What was up with that non-standard looking receipt? That was a lot of the reason I didn't just "vibe it out" and extrapolate the correct price per item from the successful return of the first four items. It just seemed a little sketchy. Also because she was buying so much of a product that is often subject to coupon scams.

Insights?

One of our AP dudes actually happened to come by while I was doing the return. I went over what I had done procedure-wise and he said that's exactly what he would have done. He agreed that the receipt looked different but didn't pursue it further.

TIL that we actually sell air fresheners online. Still super sketchy though, I would've done exactly what you did.

OP, I don't think anything sounds too out of the ordinary. I've seen the Invoices in black/white before, and I think people can print them out too.

You handled it properly I think, no need to report to AP unless they keep returning doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back