Archived smart sort cart label barcodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where and how can I get these labels for our guest service carts. Nobody (even etls) can seem to figure it out. The ones we have are becoming increasingly unusable

You have to go under smart sort on workbench. When you're setting your carts up (by aisles), you can then print up your bin labels with bar codes. If they're already set up, just go under smart sort, go to the cart & "print label".

You have to go under smart sort on workbench. When you're setting your carts up (by aisles), you can then print up your bin labels with bar codes. If they're already set up, just go under smart sort, go to the cart & "print label".

This ^

They should print out of your white ticket printer @ guest service. None of my ETL's could figure it out they had to call like 3 different stores in the district lol

Where is the application you're using, I've tried the pda, register and workbench, I do not see print label. Carts are already set up to their aisles, I just need the scan tag that allows me to close the cart on the register. There is an option for "reprint cart label" when I choose that it asks me to scan an item in the cart and then tells me there are no closed carts with that item.

Where is the application you're using, I've tried the pda, register and workbench, I do not see print label. Carts are already set up to their aisles, I just need the scan tag that allows me to close the cart on the register. There is an option for "reprint cart label" when I choose that it asks me to scan an item in the cart and then tells me there are no closed carts with that item.

PDA and register won't work, it is under workbench however where, I do not know. 'Reprint cart label' is just to reprint the actual ticket that lists each item once the cart is closed. When one of my ETL's said they figured it out, it was in workbench so I'd keep looking there. Perhaps use the search function.

Its under the front end tab on workbench, and then there is a link for smart sort... you have to open the window that actually lets you see the names of each cart and where you can click on them and change the aisles that are tied to each cart! There is a button that lets you print cart labels (I have only done this once so its hard to remember what the exact button was, but I figured it out on my own so once you get there is pretty self explanatory!)... Then it makes you enter a portable printer number and the labels will print off on that printer in your store... it will print ALL the labels including A, B, C etc.. just so you know :)

hmmmm, just wondering since the printers are numbered T_ _ _ _PRT0101. If I were to type in T0245PRT0101 for example instead of the usual shortcut of just the last 4 would it actually print out of a printer at a different store?

Yeh, I wondered about that. I didn't even know we had DPCIs for sex toys.
Wicked....

Must be those repressed Okies I've heard rumors about....

I think I found the place, but the only two carts are total store and electronics. It's difficult for me to play around with because its restricted for tl or higher. I've had a gstl and an etl both go through it and couldn't find them. Can maybe someone do a step by step for me that I can take to a gstl and have them do.

Only TWO carts? That sounds totally messed up.
We had like 20.

I think I found the place, but the only two carts are total store and electronics. It's difficult for me to play around with because its restricted for tl or higher. I've had a gstl and an etl both go through it and couldn't find them. Can maybe someone do a step by step for me that I can take to a gstl and have them do.

I'll do it for you tomorrow, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Yeh, I didn't have access either. My ETL always logged me in but never bothered to learn how to set up the carts :/
I don't have access to anything any more.

hmmmm, just wondering since the printers are numbered T_ _ _ _PRT0101. If I were to type in T0245PRT0101 for example instead of the usual shortcut of just the last 4 would it actually print out of a printer at a different store?

Good idea in theory, but no it wouldn't work. A store-specific server handles the print queues for the wireless printers.

Good idea in theory, but no it wouldn't work. A store-specific server handles the print queues for the wireless printers.

Hmmmmmmmm. Then I wonder whose labels those were?

PSST: GSTLs/GSAs now have access to SmartSort setup!

Read more on Workbench - Front End. Bottom of page, Front End News.

TxxxxPRT0101 is a hostname resolved by DNS servers (starting at the store level).. Usually when a DNS Server can't resolve a query, it will Forward the request to another Server (in Target's case a Corporate/External server), but it might not be setup this way. Do target printers use a print server actually? Or is it just a direct connection between the Host Device / Printer? Hm lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
But yeah to print them you have to basically edit the carts (but not change anything) and then just hit print. It will print the Box A-E labels as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back