Archived Smoker surcharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should check their insurance online. I did and they are charging me as a smoker, even though it clearly states "smoke free" under 2 different areas. I went online and took care of it when they rolled this out back in Feb. I told a few coworkers about it today and they too are being charged. Of course since it was done online there is not way to prove that you did submit your smoking status. Everything I do with insurance from now on I will be documenting, every phone call (date, time and who I spoke to) email (save folder) and snail mail (save a paper copy). Just log in and make sure you are not getting charged the extra $10 every 2 weeks.

I am listed as non smoker.
Targetpayandbenefits.com can help you. You Can call tmsc too. The phone number is listed under contacts in pay and benefits forums. It is highly to check your paystub on this charge too.

Everyone should check their insurance online. I did and they are charging me as a smoker, even though it clearly states "smoke free" under 2 different areas. I went online and took care of it when they rolled this out back in Feb. I told a few coworkers about it today and they too are being charged. Of course since it was done online there is not way to prove that you did submit your smoking status. Everything I do with insurance from now on I will be documenting, every phone call (date, time and who I spoke to) email (save folder) and snail mail (save a paper copy). Just log in and make sure you are not getting charged the extra $10 every 2 weeks.

I believe that you had to specifically choose - non-smoker- this year. If you didn't go in and make sure, it defaulted to smoker. They wanted everyone to log in and make sure. You also should have received a confirmation in the mail at your home.

I carry my husband on my insurance. What do you think about having to prove that you are married by providing a copy of your marriage certificate?

I gotta do some digging....

I was panicing because I couldn't find ours. After 40 yrs of marriage it kinda gets moved around. My husband did some looking and finally found it. But it's kinda rediculous. And then to prove we are still together. Yep, same house and everything.

I am not a fan also. The positive spin would be that if there were people who were insuring ineligible 'family' members, it would lower everyone's costs when those people were dropped.
It feels intrusive though, I get that.

Great job to Lovecats!! 40 years is wonderful!

Just got the letter from the benefits people for the quit for life program. I've been using an Ecigarette for 6 months. To get the surcharge dropped I have to join the Quit for Life program and complete 5 phone counseling sessions with my quit coach. Wondering if i would rather pay the surcharge even though I already quit.

I carry my husband on my insurance. What do you think about having to prove that you are married by providing a copy of your marriage certificate?

I gotta do some digging....

That is odd, IMO. It only proves that you GOT married, not that you still are.

I am not a fan also. The positive spin would be that if there were people who were insuring ineligible 'family' members, it would lower everyone's costs when those people were dropped.
It feels intrusive though, I get that.

Great job to Lovecats!! 40 years is wonderful!

Hahahaha - you seriously think that your costs are going to be lowered?? hahahahaha

Re: marriage certificate - d@mn, that's gonna be an archeological excavation for sure....

I was panicing because I couldn't find ours. After 40 yrs of marriage it kinda gets moved around. My husband did some looking and finally found it. But it's kinda rediculous. And then to prove we are still together. Yep, same house and everything.

Same here! Well over 30 years, same house, same job. LOL!

Congratulations to TOT and LoveCats.
I only made it to 20 the first time, hoping this time will be the last.

Most insurance companies make you prove your kids are still going to college or what not but I've never had one make me get a wedding license.
That's just another example of Spot trying to make it as difficult as possible for people to have any kind of health coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back