Archived Snipsnap

Status
Not open for further replies.
We started this conversation elsewhere, but I figured it's own thread couldn't hurt. My GSTL put the official kabash on it at my store. He said if it isn't officially from Spot (their mobile coupons or mobile gift cards) then we don't take it. My guess is that this will never be told to all those who cashier, so more will get through. But good to know I don't have to worry when I turn them down.

Of course that stupid you tube video with the demonstration of them using the app at Spot won't help anything.

there was an email sent out this weekend saying that we DO NOT take any coupons on a phone that do not come from Target Mobile. Hopefully no one else will take it. Although, tonight after i had the email printed out with big letters saying "READ ME" for all the cashiers to see with their lane assignments i had a cashier accept the stupid thing and then call me and ask me if that was ok AFTER the guest left.
I just wanted to say "REALLY???"

We had this happen at my store a few days ago...luckily I caught it and put an end to it quickly and alerted every cashier so they didn't get any money from us! They even tried the pharmacy >.>

happened here, some lady managed to get like $200 worth of GC's she just kept going to different cashiers and they all kept taking the darn thing, finally came to electronics while i was covering and i called the LOD on it and stopped it....just amazing how many cashiers didnt even think twice about it

Same issue here. I had never seen one of these and then all of a sudden I had 9 in one day. If you need corporates back there was an urgent news about these that came out June 23rd. Just Google snip snap on workbench and it will be the first result. It gives examples of what they look like as well as verifying what the target mobile ones look like. I made a copy for each check lane as well as any other area that has a register.

happened here, some lady managed to get like $200 worth of GC's she just kept going to different cashiers and they all kept taking the darn thing, finally came to electronics while i was covering and i called the LOD on it and stopped it....just amazing how many cashiers didnt even think twice about it
Yeah, we had a cashier in Electronics take 3 coupons on Saturday. It was three seperate transactions, but they were one after the other. Each coupon forced the POS to issue a $20 GC. After the first one, the cashier should've thought after the first one that something was wrong with it. It took everything in my power to not strangle the guy.

I'm no longer a cashier, so can someone give me a quick rundown of what this is? or a link to an explanation? Thanks =]

A guest came through my line today with one that gave her a 20 dollar giftcard, I got a GSA and they told me it was okay to accept... :facepalm:

Hi all,

Andy from SnipSnap here. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I'm trying to figure out exactly what the issue is, and please let me know if I'm wrong. It seems like there's a barcode in our system that's making you guys give out $20 GiftCards. I've found it, deleted it, and we're banning it from ever being submitted to our system again. If there are ever any more of these, you can flag them for removal in our app or you can let me know directly by emailing me at andyfortson@snipsnap.it.

We want to make sure people are only using legitimate coupons on our app. We have actually been working with the corporate team to set up a promotion in the coming weeks and I would hate to see something like this end up resulting in cashiers turning down above the board coupons and deals.

Best,
Andy

Hi all,

Andy from SnipSnap here. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I'm trying to figure out exactly what the issue is, and please let me know if I'm wrong. It seems like there's a barcode in our system that's making you guys give out $20 GiftCards. I've found it, deleted it, and we're banning it from ever being submitted to our system again. If there are ever any more of these, you can flag them for removal in our app or you can let me know directly by emailing me at andyfortson@snipsnap.it.

We want to make sure people are only using legitimate coupons on our app. We have actually been working with the corporate team to set up a promotion in the coming weeks and I would hate to see something like this end up resulting in cashiers turning down above the board coupons and deals.

Best,
Andy

Andy (if this really you)

you should really contact or HQ, because as of now, we are not permitted to accept anything from snip snap going forward.

Yep....it's not just the $20 registry coupon we cannot accept..they are above board when presented in paper form. Target does not accept any coupons that have been copied or scanned, which would include your app. Sorry. Copying coupons is considered fraud, and I personally won't have anything to do with it.

The stores received an email back in June not to accept anything that wasn't from Target mobile. I would be surprised if Target really is working to set up a promotion. Half of the coupons in the app, when you search for Target, are manufacturer coupons anyway. There is such confusion about the difference between manufacturer coupons and store coupons amongst your users that it would make it impossible for a cashier to sort out, anyway. Thus, Target would lose money on all the transactions which included the wrong coupons.

I searched, and the $20 gift card seems to be gone, though if people have it saved, it's still there in their personal stash.

Interestingly enough, some moron TM scanned the TM only coupon for the 20% off the shoes from the Red magazine. Hopefully this app dies before more people discover it...because the headaches for the TMs with a clue as well as the stores losing money so isn't worth it.

SnipSnap doesn't support manufacturer coupons. When people download the app we tell them that, and when they load the app we tell them that. On top of that, any coupon that is uploaded that is a manufacturer coupon, we tell the user it is not a valid coupon and delete it. Some do occasionally get through. I did a quick search and found a few that I flagged for removal. If you ever spot any in the system please flag them or let me know.

Anyway, this has been very helpful. Definitely going to have to discuss these issues with the people we've talking to at the corporate level.

Thanks again!
Andy

SnipSnap doesn't support manufacturer coupons. When people download the app we tell them that, and when they load the app we tell them that. On top of that, any coupon that is uploaded that is a manufacturer coupon, we tell the user it is not a valid coupon and delete it. Some do occasionally get through. I did a quick search and found a few that I flagged for removal. If you ever spot any in the system please flag them or let me know.
Anyway, this has been very helpful. Definitely going to have to discuss these issues with the people we've talking to at the corporate level.
Thanks again!
Andy

Thanks for the feedback & welcome to our forum. Side note, we are not official spot site. It is suggested to go to target.com or Facebook page for corporate contacts.

So a couple of guests called asking if we'd changed our coupon policy, specifically if we still accept a manf & Target coupon for each item. I said yes, we do. Curiosity got the best of me so I went to Target.com to review the policy & lo, it's been changed as of 6/10/11. It's a lot more reasonable but I'm sure we'll be challenged. You might want to print one off for your front lanes & service desk.
See below:

Target Stores Coupon Policy
Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores. When accepting coupons, we follow the guidelines below.

Manufacturer and Target Coupons:
• Target accepts one Manufacturer Coupon and one Target Coupon for the same item (unless prohibited by either coupon).
• Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, flavor, etc.).
• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
• We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
• All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier during checkout.
• All applicable sales taxes are paid by the guest at the full value of the item.
• These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Target (Color Checkout Coupons, Internet Coupons, Mobile Coupons, Mailed Coupons, Coupons from Newspapers and Magazines, etc.).

Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons:
• We gladly accept valid internet coupons that contain a clear and scannable bar code.
• We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.
Mobile Coupons:
• Guests can receive Target Mobile Coupons by signing up for Text Alerts at Target.com/mobile or by texting COUPONS to 827438 (TARGET).
• Message and data rates may apply. See site for full details.
• To redeem, simply show your coupon barcode to the cashier. With one simple scan, all applicable coupons are applied.

Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO):
• BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
• A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
o If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon maybe used on the first item.
o If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.

Exclusions:
• Coupons are void if copied, scanned, transferred, purchased, sold, prohibited by law, or appear altered in any way.
• We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
• Some items may not be available at all stores.
• We do not accept expired coupons.Updated 6/10/11

Everything in red is new.
In case, any one wants know what spot policy is on coupons is. (from last year)
Gtc to red.

We had a chat with AP the other day about this. All we were told to look for was the red "Target Mobile" sticker thingy on the bottom of the app coupon. Otherwise, deny it.

I had two guests with SnipSnap coupons yesterday (or today if you're on the West Coast). My GSTL denied both, but both guests figured it was too good to be true anyways.

Hardlinesmaster, they updated it again at the end of June 2012. Its mostly the same, they just added limits to BOGO coupons and some other things

The new limitations were stated in the Front End News, not that anyone ever reads it...

Hi all,

Best,
Andy

And the $20 coupons are back in there. I suspect that will be a losing battle. But whatever....thankfully my job is to just deny them all.

We had a lady today try to do it at my store she was giving it to all the people in line when she got to me I was already a step ahead of her ( I was also in street clothes ) I downloaded the app instantly thanks to our wifi but before she was finishing up with her order before she presented the snip snap app i politely excused myself and asked her if she knew that the coupons she told me to get we're expired as well as it clearly is readable on the scanned coupons on the app that they are not valid when copied or scanned I knew that cashier at the time and didn't have to say a word she knew what to do but when I got done telling the lady she was committing coupon fraud she went ballistic at me all I did was laugh more on the inside and slightly on the outside her daughter was buying chicken at food ave during this but wen the chicken was ready to already stormed out when I did come in later that night the gstl and the stl was still there they wanted to talk they just said they were surprised that I embarrassed the guest but I didn't do anything wrong in their opinion I saved the store money basically but now we have signs at all registers and front doors approved by our Dtl on the valid coupons we do take

Shopkick gift cards are still okay, right? I'm not a cashier, but I use shopkick and I think an ad still pops up for it when you sign into target wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back