Archived So hour cutting has finally hit an unprecedented level at my store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like my store:boredom: Cutting hrs right and left but hiring newbies right and left. Yep go figure out that one... Train newbies cut the people who have been there a year or so hrs happens all the time. Spot knows exactly what he is doing!

Surprisingly enough, we had a lot of TMs scheduled tonight. Of course, leadership asked if anyone wanted to go home early, but there were a lot of us. There must be a visit in the near future.

Our store was looking to make flex at the rate that sales were going at the start of the month. Then all of a sudden, BOOM, missing sales by 15K+. I think we needed to cut about 300 or so hours this week because how bad we overspent. AP is always a great option if you don't want to worry about your hours being cut all of a sudden or due to business. Just make sure that the ETL plans on keeping that position at 40 hours and not hire two at 20 hours to help cover vacations.

I've been using sick time and calling in for call out shifts. I had 100 sick saved up, but its dwindling fast. I'm trying very hard not to use my vacation....

Our store was looking to make flex at the rate that sales were going at the start of the month. Then all of a sudden, BOOM, missing sales by 15K+. I think we needed to cut about 300 or so hours this week because how bad we overspent. AP is always a great option if you don't want to worry about your hours being cut all of a sudden or due to business. Just make sure that the ETL plans on keeping that position at 40 hours and not hire two at 20 hours to help cover vacations.

AP Hours usually change only once a year which is good or bad. The good side of it is that you have guaranteed hours because they come from the district payroll. The bad side is that if they cut a 40 hr TPS to 20 hr TPS, it's for the entire year usually and not just one week. The latter happens often. I foresee AP hours getting cuts overall in the next few years. I've seen stores with awful inventory results for multiple years get cuts.

I've been using sick time and calling in for call out shifts. I had 100 sick saved up, but its dwindling fast. I'm trying very hard not to use my vacation....

How does one receive sick hours? I almost worked at target for 4 years and i have never gotten sick leave. I average 34.5 hours a week.

It depends upon which state you live in. We don't get sick time at all where I am. We've had a couple of tms from NY who had sick time when they transferred down here. They were allowed to use it up down here but just didn't earn any more.

AP Hours usually change only once a year which is good or bad. The good side of it is that you have guaranteed hours because they come from the district payroll. The bad side is that if they cut a 40 hr TPS to 20 hr TPS, it's for the entire year usually and not just one week. The latter happens often. I foresee AP hours getting cuts overall in the next few years. I've seen stores with awful inventory results for multiple years get cuts.

Yeah, that's the only downside. I wish I knew how they decide allocation, because store performance definitely isn't that big of a factor. We had some great results and got cut, oh well. Gotta make due with what you get for now.

At my store they had to cut close to 500 hours this week. I only went to work on Sunday this week, glad to have time off but I'm not looking forward to the tiny paycheck.
HL is only closing with one person per night, so areas are being skipped in the zone and reshop is being ignored. A lot of cashiers were also cut, so a lot of the salesfloor shifts are actually cashiering shifts. When I was there Sunday I spent hours on backup.
:wacko:

I've never been asked to not come in for a shift. Our hours just went up to prep for inventory, but I'm expecting to not have many hours the following weeks.

One of our ETL's in the PM huddle said the other day - We're trying to make up payroll; he/she was saying how if someone calls out, they aren't going to cover the shift and just deal with what we have at the time. Crazy.

I average 38 a week and I think I get 5 days? a year in Cali. I have to fill out a paper form and turn it into our HRTM.

I recently got stuck on dayside and at every huddle this week they are looking for people who are willing to go home early or to give up a shift. It's a big change from the overnight (or 4am I should say now) where they are always asking people to come in. We haven't made close to sales in a long time and they have had to put orientations for new team members on hold because they don't have enough hours for even those. I think our biggest problem is punch corrections though, it's so ridiculous at our store. About 150 hours worth of payroll can not be used because those hours are tied up in unaccounted shifts! We can't replace call outs and everyone is stretched so thin : (

One of our ETL's in the PM huddle said the other day - We're trying to make up payroll; he/she was saying how if someone calls out, they aren't going to cover the shift and just deal with what we have at the time. Crazy.

We never replace shifts at my store when people call out. They may shift people around a bit but even then we mostly make do with less people.

:wacko: I saw the hrs for the following week. I thought next week was bad...... The following week is even worse! I saw one SF TM had like 14 hrs another had 8 another had 20 and I noticed backroom wasn't getting any better either. Oh joy we are still hiring! I can wade it out luckily since I do odds and ends when I do not have hrs but the TMs who do not have hrs? I feel for them....... Ahh when the newbies quit and BTS rolls around guess who suddenly needs us?? Yup!

For our recent truck we came in at 6:30 and left at 9:15 lol. Talk about hours.

would they not have to pay your four hours anyway? 3 hours is the law where i'm from, but i thought target had a rule about paying 4?

In my state it is also 4 hrs. Today someone was asking does anyone have any extra hrs to spare? I said did you check the board? He said ya of course everyone grabbed those! I said trust me if I had extra hrs to give you I would give you some! Team members looking out for each other!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back