Archived So I just got called "Target" today for the first time by a guest..

• Thread starter Xscape
  • Start date
  • Replies 32
  • Views 5K
Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xscape

I was making my way down back to electronics after my break and I saw this couple in domestics looking at an item. The guy yells out "Hey! Hey Target! Over here!" Luckily by the time he said that I was making a turn to a different aisle. They started walking down to follow me, and I just walked away as fast as I could. Holy crap.. I mean I'm not mad but really? I'm not gonna waste my time on someone who calls me "Target". I get that I work here but it's a little disrespectful. Have some decency! They probably had some dumb question anyway. "this is 79.99 but it was on the shelf that said 19.99 can I get it for that price?"

As I got back I thought damn it, I should of just went and told them "yes human, how can I help you?" :rolleyes:

You should have asked them where they work at. If they answered that they work at an office or school, you should have called them "office" or "school". Give them a taste of their own medicine. I was called Target Guy last week. I wanted to bitch slap the guest. Just because you might have a better job than me does not give you the right to talk down to me and make fun of me because I work in retail.

I have a rule.... if you yell to me from a large distance, I pretend I'm hard of hearing. I am not paid enough to be disrespected. If you come up to me and ask me something in a normal way, I'll bend over backwards.

Some people don't care to understand that we are humans and deserve respect, OR At Least human decency.

As much as I'd love to do what all of you said. I know I'd get a lecture...lmao I ain try a hear all that.

Had a kid come up to FA & say "Popcorn".
I looked at him questioningly?
He repeated "Popcorn."
I said "What about it?"
He said "Just a popcorn."
His mom said "Just popcorn."
"Ohhhhhhhh....you want to BUY a popcorn. Why didn't you say so?"
Kid looks at me incredulously.
As I hand him his bag "It works a LOT better if you know how to ask."
He gave me this 'whatever' look while his mom just looked uncomfortable.

He repeated "Popcorn."
I said "What about it?"

You could have asked him what the magic word was.

None of the guests know my name cause I STILL don't have a name tag. Thankfully being up front, I don't deal with being called to.

My response? "Is that with a large drink, sir?"

If these people didn't come up to you and ask you for something, you wouldn't have a job.

Always be professional.

I get called greeter.

Guest: "Oh, let's go ask the greeter!" Or "Hey, greeter, can I ask you a question?"

My Thoughts: I'm security.... I AM SECURITY. *Blows steam out of my ears*

Like, seriously - who the hell get's paid for saying 'hello' and 'good-bye'? People even ask me if I am allowed to help them. The temptation to say no is there. It's so there.

He repeated "Popcorn."
I said "What about it?"

That's what I do all the time when someone just says what they want. Use your big-person words!

I get called greeter.

Guest: "Oh, let's go ask the greeter!" Or "Hey, greeter, can I ask you a question?"

My Thoughts: I'm security.... I AM SECURITY. *Blows steam out of my ears*

Like, seriously - who the hell get's paid for saying 'hello' and 'good-bye'? People even ask me if I am allowed to help them. The temptation to say no is there. It's so there.

I had a new cart attendant ask me once if I was a greeter because I was speedweaving from the front of the lines.

I was yelled at today, hey target! The guest thought I was running away from her. I stopped & helped her. Then, got interrupted by 2 other guests at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back