Archived So it's come to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

noyoumaynot.gif

in some states thats not even tax. i hear that one at least 20 times a day

Yeah, my state, that just puts tax down to 1%.

4644.jpg

Our STL told us that our cashiers need to ask every single guest if they want a red card because the company has had so many complaints from people saying they were discriminated against because they weren't asked if they wanted to open one. It was so hard not to laugh.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh my god I'm dying of laughter

I'd love to see my DTL stuck at the service desk for a couple hrs.

I'd love to see the DTLs work the sales floor. Give me a DTL from a different district (so ETLs/TLs at my store don't recognize them), put them in my store for a night, and see how things go down. Congratulations DTL you're a sales floor TM for the day you're zoning ready-to-wear by yourself on Saturday night during tax-free weekend let's see how you do.

OOOOH. Or do the same thing but make them cashier. Congratulations DTL you're a midday cashier on Saturday during tax-free weekend get us five RedCards no I don't care about the lines get the RedCards.

Our STL told us that our cashiers need to ask every single guest if they want a red card because the company has had so many complaints from people saying they were discriminated against because they weren't asked if they wanted to open one. It was so hard not to laugh.
I don't know anything about the REDcard, but a different retailer I worked for had written in their contract with mastercard that "during all point of sale transactions an offer shall be made" and that compliance with the contract just meant that we trained any cashier or potential cashier to ask and that we disciplined them if they didn't. I seriously doubt the mystery shoppers experienced "discrimination" about not getting an offer, but they are told to keep track of weather or not they get an offer.

I've had a senior GSTL at another store ring me up, and he said nothing at all about a redcard... so I think everybody misses it without realizing it time and again.

My STL said the same thing, except that we need to now say "Will you be using your target red card today?" We can no longer say something along the lines of "Would you like to say 5% today and everyday by opening a target credit or debit?" Or however else one may personalize it. This line must be said to EVERY guest. Why? According to my STL there was a discrimination lawsuit not too long ago and target lost. However, I feel like I would have heard about this lawsuit?? Nothing comes up when you search it on google either. Has anyone else been told this/ have any information on this? Or is this just BS???

According to my STL there was a discrimination lawsuit not too long ago and target lost. However, I feel like I would have heard about this lawsuit?? Nothing comes up when you search it on google either. Has anyone else been told this/ have any information on this? Or is this just BS???

Are you talking about this by any chance?

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/target-discrimination-lawsuit/2013/07/12/id/514812/

Is that the discrimination one? I mean it has nothing to do with redcards but it IS discrimination

I wouldn't. I always stay close by when there's an LOD back there, because I know they don't know everything or have the knowledge to sort out issues...I cannot imagine the cluster that the DTL would cause. Nevermind the fact it's not like her numbers would work in our store...and there is no way she'd be using mine!

Lol yeah, today our reciever was having a shitfit because of the clusterf*k that my Sr GSTL left in the back last night. Including a non-donatable pet item with the barcode scribbled out and "donate" written on it...

GOOD. It's about damn time we actually get ETL support at the checklanes. Ours are so separated from the front end of the store it's beyond ridiculous. My LOD last week called for me on my meal break because he didn't know how to do an even exchange. It'll be good for everyone to actually put a hand in a department that's otherwise ignored by everyone above the GSTL.

According to my STL there was a discrimination lawsuit not too long ago and target lost. However, I feel like I would have heard about this lawsuit?? Nothing comes up when you search it on google either. Has anyone else been told this/ have any information on this? Or is this just BS???

Are you talking about this by any chance?

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/target-discrimination-lawsuit/2013/07/12/id/514812/

Is that the discrimination one? I mean it has nothing to do with redcards but it IS discrimination

No that's not it:/ This supposedly happened this year when my STL was on maternity leave (which was march-middle of July). I am pretty sure this never happened and is just a tactic to boost conversion....

I know for a fact Kohl's has more " rewards" for customers than Target does. They send out coupons and so on and so forth and give more deals with the Kohls cards so therefore heck yes the Kohl's card is easier to push than the Red Card. Same with the Macy's card ( I know it isn't mentioned) but they also give deals too ( sending out coupons) and Macy's customer's get perks and so on..... Therefore it is probably very,very easy pushing a Macy's card. Target needs to step up the game... People love deals and coupons ( no that cartwheel doesn't count) actual coupons. If Target gave out deals ( AKA rewards or even points) and coupons in the mail with the card I am almost 100 percent certain people would be signing up for a red card every single day and people would be getting them hourly but without that eh it's not happening.

I know for a fact Kohl's has more " rewards" for customers than Target does. They send out coupons and so on and so forth and give more deals with the Kohls cards so therefore heck yes the Kohl's card is easier to push than the Red Card. Same with the Macy's card ( I know it isn't mentioned) but they also give deals too ( sending out coupons) and Macy's customer's get perks and so on..... Therefore it is probably very,very easy pushing a Macy's card. Target needs to step up the game... People love deals and coupons ( no that cartwheel doesn't count) actual coupons. If Target gave out deals ( AKA rewards or even points) and coupons in the mail with the card I am almost 100 percent certain people would be signing up for a red card every single day and people would be getting them hourly but without that eh it's not happening.

In Consumer Reports review of the cards they point out that the coupons and points the Kohls and Macys send out don't add up to the overall savings that the Target Redcard gives with 5% off every purchase and free shipping online.

GOOD. It's about damn time we actually get ETL support at the checklanes. Ours are so separated from the front end of the store it's beyond ridiculous. My LOD last week called for me on my meal break because he didn't know how to do an even exchange. It'll be good for everyone to actually put a hand in a department that's otherwise ignored by everyone above the GSTL.

I understand how you feel. Besides my SF-ETL, it seems the rest of the ETLs/TLs in my store are terrified of Market. Our Guest Surveys have been in the tank for awhile now, and whenever they walk PFresh the only help/incite (if you can call it that) they give are questions.

All they do are ask questions, I answer them, they walk away.
They never give suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back