Archived So it's come to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I don't currently have a GE, the only ETL at my store that actually pays attention to the front end is our effective excessive communicator. God help us all if he's the one who has to hang out at the lanes. The rest of our ETLs don't really seem to care that much about the front end unless people are ignoring back-up calls.

Well....looks like corporate will need to find hours for those ETLs.....oh, and hire more ETLs!

You suppose they'll cut hours on the sales floor.....electronics....front end.......or.....wait.....what about the photo lab???

They don't have to. ETLs aren't hourly. They could work 168 hours per week and still get the same pay.

Well....looks like corporate will need to find hours for those ETLs.....oh, and hire more ETLs!

You suppose they'll cut hours on the sales floor.....electronics....front end.......or.....wait.....what about the photo lab???

They don't have to. ETLs aren't hourly. They could work 168 hours per week and still get the same pay.

They would need some additional money for recruitment so they could recruit a new crop of fresh-from-college ETLs to replace the last group who sadly died in a freak overworking accident.

Have an area on the POS screen that show the potential savings?

HOW IS THIS NOT A THING ALREADY. Just make this show up on the RedCard prompt screen. GOD that would be so useful.

If Target wants to get more RedCards, get better savings. An extra 5% off with your RedCard if you purchase a Target brand item.
They already show savings on the receipt; there's the amt you saved with today's purchase on the lower left & the amt you've saved so far for the YEAR on the right. I've pointed that out to several folks who used their Red cards at our Starbux counter & they usually hadn't noticed it before.
I'll also ask the yoga moms if they've hooked up their kids' school yet through TCOE & they usually perk up then & there. I let them know that it's not just public schools but private, parochial & charter schools are now enrolling with TCOE so all they have to do is type in their child's school to see if they're enrolled. The cashier may have mentioned it during the application but I just give them reminders of the various perks so they'll keep using their red card.

No, not the savings for the current holders, but a bold: you could save $15.00 today with a red card. Something visual beyond us just saying it to them.

It would be effective on hi-ticket items like the monster flat screens:
Reg: $2500 Sale: $1800 - save an ADDITIONAL $90 when you use your RED CARD
FINAL PRICE $1710

The registers used to have the discount amount on the prompt screen, but when the savings became 5% they stopped putting the savings on the screen.
No, not the savings for the current holders, but a bold: you could save $15.00 today with a red card. Something visual beyond us just saying it to them.

I think that the discount for opening account would be helpful......doesn't Kohl's give a 30% discount for opening up a card?
I would think that the 30% is a great incentive.....the 5% isn't much of an incentive to open the card.

Regarding the great findings from "Consumers Reports:" this magazine is set up on the premise that they don't accept funds from businesses so that when they provide their stories the report comes out as unbiased. If a business, like Target, were to use quotes or pictures from the magazine then it looks like the magazine supports that business....or that people might think that because Target has used quotes that Target is paying "Consumer Reports."
This magazine is unbiased and to continue to be unbiased it cannot look like they are accepting money from anyone.

For example:
In Washington D.C. there are personal interest groups that give money to a senator or congressman in exchange for the senator or congressman supporting their business. So, then the senator/congressman is now "working" for the special interest group instead of for the people that elected him/her.
So to prevent such money issues and "bought" loyalties there is no advertising of any sort.

At my store we have a small sheet of paper taped to the side of the monitors that shows the redcard savings from $70 to $1500 for the cashiers to use to tell the guest. It has helped me a couple of times.

I can do the math and tell them, but it doesn't mean much sometimes.

I did have a lady ask me yesterday if I got something because she got one, I was honest - told her I got to keep my job! Lol!

2 people are getting debits because of my work today - and at least the gstl heard about one.

But a bigger first day discount would be great, or special coupons or something. 5% just isn't much to some people.

I can do the math and tell them, but it doesn't mean much sometimes.

I did have a lady ask me yesterday if I got something because she got one, I was honest - told her I got to keep my job! Lol!

2 people are getting debits because of my work today - and at least the gstl heard about one.

But a bigger first day discount would be great, or special coupons or something. 5% just isn't much to some people.
in some states thats not even tax. i hear that one at least 20 times a day

I'm quite surprised they haven't added a screen to the CC machine were when scanning products it will say "Would you like to save $x.xx today?" with the total going up with each item scanned and a yes or no button. I know if wouldn't be that effective but knowing Spot's tactics, I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.

The new issue... People with pin and chip cards wanting to, gasp, use the darn things.

Using the CC screen to show the potential savings and prices would be soooo nice. Oh and it doesn't cover sales tax in my state, but I still say, "let target pay most of your sales tax".

In my district all the stores will have a ridiculously large goal for this weekend. The stores that do not reach the goal will have the DTL watch the front lanes for 2-4 hours. I can't even imagine how fake our store will be during those 2-4 hours.

In my district all the stores will have a ridiculously large goal for this weekend. The stores that do not reach the goal will have the DTL watch the front lanes for 2-4 hours. I can't even imagine how fake our store will be during those 2-4 hours.

The best part will be when the store doesn't get any more REDCards than normal and the DTL still bitches at the ETLs and GSTLs for not driving REDCards enough.

Target HQs meeting =

Target VP1 - Pfresh is a bust, Canada is a bust, sales are down what are we going to do?
Target VP2 - Looks like it is time to cut more payroll
Target VP3(new to HQ) - is that possible?
Target VP1 - Do you have any better ideas?
Target VP3 - Maybe we go back to being innovative, cheap chic, with clean well staffed stores, great guest service and cool hip but cheap merchandise!!!!!!
Target VP1 - Shut it new guy if you want to keep your job
Target VP2 - how about cutting hours and pushing red cards
Target VP1 - now thats some good thinking, lets do it!!!!
Target VP3 - should we really be pushing red cards so soon when our reputation with them is so bad?
Target VP1 - Stores will just have to ask harder
Target VP3 - What does that mean?
Target VP1 - They will have to figure that out. Now lets fly to Philly in the corporate jet for some cheese steaks.

Funny...at our district they were doing if you got a really amazing score, the DTL would come in for a couple of hours and help out up front however you wanted...carts, GSTL, etc. I heard about that and thought it sounded like a punishment, myself.

I wouldn't. I always stay close by when there's an LOD back there, because I know they don't know everything or have the knowledge to sort out issues...I cannot imagine the cluster that the DTL would cause. Nevermind the fact it's not like her numbers would work in our store...and there is no way she'd be using mine!

Our STL told us that our cashiers need to ask every single guest if they want a red card because the company has had so many complaints from people saying they were discriminated against because they weren't asked if they wanted to open one. It was so hard not to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back