Archived so my boss got fired....

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more of a rant then anything but my etl got canned they arent replacing the possition until after Q4. There are a few stores in the state i know are short on etls so the logistics etl who knows nothing about softlines...seriously had to tell the guy not to backstock hanging product... so i'm helping slash running softlines and my coleader sucks as in wont help with black friday claimed shes too old to work overnights...shes maybe 45....kill me

A similar thing happened to me, though it was my Team Lead. She hasn't been replaced. It's been a year. I've taken over without a raise. Yay Target.

i'm in the same boat as you except i'm a GSTL. The only plus is i'm trying to pay off some medical bills so i will gladly take all of the OT they are giving me.

I believe you have to be an idiot to get fired as an ETL. Literally an idiot!

Now about ETL-Logs and SL- most of the Logs I knew didn't know jack about SL other than breaking out the product. Very little spent time learning the process and understanding adjacencies. If your team doesn't know how to use the adjacency binder then you can really F up the SL process.

Our SL ETL understood this and during my first week requested that I shadowed her so I could stock the floor properly. Probably the best thing I did because Softlines is a completely different beast than GM. Needless to say - Logs need to train in SL. One thing that did kill our backroom, regardless, was the finger spacing policy our district enforced. We ended up with too many clothes in the back and most went to clearance.

Now about ETL-Logs and SL- most of the Logs I knew didn't know jack about SL other than breaking out the product. Very little spent time learning the process and understanding adjacencies. If your team doesn't know how to use the adjacency binder then you can really F up the SL process.

Our SL ETL understood this and during my first week requested that I shadowed her so I could stock the floor properly. Probably the best thing I did because Softlines is a completely different beast than GM. Needless to say - Logs need to train in SL. One thing that did kill our backroom, regardless, was the finger spacing policy our district enforced. We ended up with too many clothes in the back and most went to clearance.
If only flow team would actually train in SL. Or train in general. So much overstock...

No one but a few select ladies ever work SL on Flow in my store. This sucks because when I get a Flew Fulfillment in SL, I have no idea where the hell to go.

Yeah they didnt really do much which is the trend for some ETLs at my stores won't go to much in detail but when she got canned she could tell you how many tiles where in each office but couldn't walk an AJD and still didn't know some of the sl team members names even though she was there for so long. Some of the team quit because of her... sad

Wish my boss would get fired..
We have 4 new etls's and a new stl. Each one of them are not, in my opinion, leader type people.. It seems to me that the new dtl has a certain type he is hiring. Each one of them seems to fit the same mold.. Not stong types.. And way to willing to kowtow to him..it disgusts me to see.

I feel more comfortable around strong leaders.

Do you know how rare it is to find a strong, capable leader? I worked for a different retail company for 8+ years, and had 2. Just 2! I can remember their full names, and would work for them again in a heart beat. Everyone else, not so much.

At Target, I can think of 1 ETL, 1 Sr TL, and 1 former TL (who stepped down.) That's 3 out of 6+ years at Target. Tons of turnover, too.

usually happens with two final violations. left keys unlocked? locked a team member in the store? left the safe/cash office open? worst are the sr tl's that are under the same rules of hourly, but can't leave with issues. hey the door won't lock, and you'll hit your lunch violation.

We had a etl who got fired for forging documents ( What he forged was posted on a communication board...so everyone knew he was doing it )....the messed up thing is the Stl knew what was going on as well ...of course the etl was the only one who was fired .

in my store you have to be an idiot to get hired as a etl. I swear they must take a idiot test or something. although a couple smarties have passed through the cracks

Do you know how rare it is to find a strong, capable leader? I worked for a different retail company for 8+ years, and had 2. Just 2! I can remember their full names, and would work for them again in a heart beat. Everyone else, not so much.

At Target, I can think of 1 ETL, 1 Sr TL, and 1 former TL (who stepped down.) That's 3 out of 6+ years at Target. Tons of turnover, too.
In my 18 years...I have never had a strong Stl who was a true leader. Etls there have been maybe 4...and three of them had a terrible attitude...they knew all about Spot and best practices but treated ppl like crap

I had a Flow-TL get fired and he was back the next day or so roaming the backroom looking for a BR-TM and a Flow-TM. It was strange. He was in plain clothes, black top and khaki. Naturally, I said hey "so-and so" how's it going, with no response. Did not hear how that ended. The radio was silent. Dude could have went Postal on us all.

I had a Flow-TL get fired and he was back the next day or so roaming the backroom looking for a BR-TM and a Flow-TM. It was strange. He was in plain clothes, black top and khaki. Naturally, I said hey "so-and so" how's it going, with no response. Did not hear how that ended. The radio was silent. Dude could have went Postal on us all.
Good job on asking on why he was there. You scared him off.

Yes, way to practice that guest service in the back room, your AP would be proud! lol

We had a STL "resign" after my first couple of months, aside from her being a total see you next tuesday she was not really "leadership" material. I couldn't stand working with her the first time we had huddle and she brought jesus into the mixup at our huddle. I have nothing against religion or anything, but if you start turning whats already into somewhat of a cult into an actual cult by mixing religion with work, your going to have a bad time.

Our new STL is a lot better than her imo, he's been with the company for a few years and was promoted quickly through TM to STL from finishing college and from what he says it happened really quick which personally is awesome to me because he's kind of been pushing me into the same direction. I've drank the kool-aide and spent a lot of time with our HR and GM ETL learning more about the floor when there's been time. Almost feel like I am becoming a Target robot but I do really enjoy working for Target. Yeah, there's always negatives but I genuinely enjoy going to work, idk if thats sad or not.

Yes, way to practice that guest service in the back room, your AP would be proud! lol

We had a STL "resign" after my first couple of months, aside from her being a total see you next tuesday she was not really "leadership" material. I couldn't stand working with her the first time we had huddle and she brought jesus into the mixup at our huddle. I have nothing against religion or anything, but if you start turning whats already into somewhat of a cult into an actual cult by mixing religion with work, your going to have a bad time.

Our new STL is a lot better than her imo, he's been with the company for a few years and was promoted quickly through TM to STL from finishing college and from what he says it happened really quick which personally is awesome to me because he's kind of been pushing me into the same direction. I've drank the kool-aide and spent a lot of time with our HR and GM ETL learning more about the floor when there's been time. Almost feel like I am becoming a Target robot but I do really enjoy working for Target. Yeah, there's always negatives but I genuinely enjoy going to work, idk if thats sad or not.

It's not sad.
We gripe a lot here but many of the people here like or liked working for the company.
It sounds like you work at a good store now with a STL who came up through the ranks (you have no idea how rare that is).
To have that is golden and I'm really glad for you.
Enjoy it, that's what Target is at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back