Archived So, new thing at my store...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversion was low last week, so now the new policy is every cashier who didn't get a red card at the end of their shift has to talk to the LOD and explain why they didn't get one. Every day. What. The. F**k.

With the goals so extremely high, they are just trying everything they can to get conversion up! They are receiving MUCH more pressure to have high conversion than most people realize so some of that is going to hit the team...

Long time lurker but I wanted to chime in on this.

At my store, the goal each week for Red Cards is 3.0.

Electronics TMs, cashiers, and anyone that is register trained and helps out on backup is expected to get at least one red card in a certain time period (three weeks I believe).

If the TM doesn't get any they are coached for performance.

Greetings and salutations tegraT
Welcome to the Break Room.

Intimidation is a classic method of motivation for people who have run out of ideas and are scared for their jobs.
They are flailing around desperately, with little understanding how to make people care about their jobs or work harder at them.

Just say you asked every guest and they all said "no thanks" or already have one. They can't fire you for not getting redcards but they can for not trying.

They're cutting hours at my store for those cashiers who aren't getting Redcards, no matter how much they beg guests.

Electronics TMs, cashiers, and anyone that is register trained and helps out on backup is expected to get at least one red card in a certain time period (three weeks I believe).

Our store is 3.0 too. It doesn't work when you have no guests in the store.

3.0 here as well. Doesn't help being a ULV and the few guests you do get have a Red Card 9/10 times.

3.0 here as well. Doesn't help being a ULV and the few guests you do get have a Red Card 9/10 times.

Some times, we get lucky during the week.

this excuse really bothers me. If they all already had a red card than your conversion would be extremely high by just getting a card or two a week.

Our store barely made conversion only to see it go up (again) & we were red once again.

My store conversion pressure is being pushed on the "irregular" areas for getting red cards; FA, Starbucks, deli, optics, pharmacy are the ones "if all 5 of us had gotten cards this week we would have been green".....

At my store the goals are usually 15 for weekdays, 20 on weekends. We usually bring in about 4 on a weekday and maybe 5-10 on a weekend. Electronics and Target Mobile also have goals set for them: 1 for Target Mobile per day and 3 for Electronics per day. If the electronics TMs were allowed to stay in electronics and not be pulled out to do random tasks or push in Market, they might actually make that goal sometime.

We're hi-vol so we're expected to 15-20 a DAY during weekdays.
And yeh, they're asking FA/SB/Rx, etc why we aren't getting any.
Surely you jest. Come work my counter during morning rush & see how far you get asking about redcards.
I'll keep some degreaser handy.

Our goals for weekdays range from 15-20. Weekends I have seen range from 30-50...

I've never heard of FA/Sbux being asked to get red cards. Maybe just to mention you can save 5% on that expensive drink. They've told us TMs to push that fact to people. Our FA/Sbux are always WAY to busy to do anything but produce food and drink.

I work at an ULV store and in the past 2 years or so we've gone from a 1% store to a 5-10% conversion store, 5% conversion is considered a really bad day for us now. Even though we are ULV we consistently beat Super-Ts on total redcards.

I work at an incredibly high volume store, the daily goal is about 45, team members that work in any area equipped with a cash register are REQUIRED to ask guests about red cards. It's madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back