Archived SO pissed off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a baby food revision, almost EVERY shelf need to replace label strip, needing to remove the adhesive dividers then move the products then readd the dividers. Once again, almost EVERY shelf!!! Was like only 3-4 shelves didn't really need to change.

I don't consider myself to be a complainer, that's not why I am pissed off, but the fact I do consider myself a very good employee, thus I am really pissed off when I don't get my task done on time and took much much longer than the hours it says it would take on adjacency.

But, TRUTH is, this has nothing at all to do with me working too slow. This has to do a very extremely poorly designed planogram.

I don't understand, why these revisions had to be called a revision. Why they aren't just a new POG, obviously the amount of time you save really isn't that much.

Mostly, I DON'T UNDERSTAND the continuing ignorance over divider/pushed based revisions. It should been assigned much more hours to do, than 2.5 hours which it said is absurd. It's a 5-7+ work at least, even for the fastest person.

Again, not trying to complain, but when people think I am being slow or ineffective on the merit of poorly designed revisions, then I have a problem.

Last edited:
Yes! I was saying they same thing... this is why executives get all up in arms about the times on the adjacency calender. 1) because they would never willingly attempt to do such a horrible revision and 2) the times are deceptive... either there's too much time or too little... the inaccuracy alone would flag some type of alarm but it's only the numbers that count.... none-the-less the people putting the revisions together are probably just going by product and shelf measurements; using some lame "a" formula to figure out the times... they probably don't even shop at target.

The formula is really ineffective for pushers/divider based aisles.

I have a huge problem the way these huge revisions are handled lately... Why have us unnecessarily SHIFT when nothing at all is changing?

Last edited:
Lovejones757 and Rarejem, you have no idea how happy I feel to see you guys like what I posted. :)

This problem has been largely ignored, I guess there aren't enough revision people on here?

Those are part of those Large revisions that rolled out during Q4 right? I think that has to be the stupidest thing ever. I use to be on pog team a couple years back but every now on then when they have big workloads I get scheduled under pog to help them out. I feel your pain though..I remember feeling like that when I did the revision in the spice section of market. Most of it stayed the same minus a couple items that had to be moved. But the zone was horrible so I had to take everything out anyways like if it was a reset and I had to replace the old pushers it had because they were all busted -_-

I remember feeling like that when I did the revision in the spice section of market. Most of it stayed the same minus a couple items that had to be moved. But the zone was horrible so I had to take everything out anyways like if it was a reset and I had to replace the old pushers it had because they were all busted -_-

You have pushers for your spices? We've always just had the sticky dividers.

Same. Hell we've had to stash ax pushers in the ambient room so that we have some for things like frozen fruit bags that don't include them in the pog (either that or the pog team just gets lazy)

Got a baby food revision, almost EVERY shelf need to replace label strip, needing to remove the adhesive dividers then move the products then readd the dividers. Once again, almost EVERY shelf!!! Was like only 3-4 shelves didn't really need to change.

I don't consider myself to be a complainer, that's not why I am pissed off, but the fact I do consider myself a very good employee, thus I am really pissed off when I don't get my task done on time and took much much longer than the hours it says it would take on adjacency.

But, TRUTH is, this has nothing at all to do with me working too slow. This has to do a very extremely poorly designed planogram.

I don't understand, why these revisions had to be called a revision. Why they aren't just a new POG, obviously the amount of time you save really isn't that much.

Mostly, I DON'T UNDERSTAND the continuing ignorance over divider/pushed based revisions. It should been assigned much more hours to do, than 2.5 hours which it said is absurd. It's a 5-7+ work at least, even for the fastest person.

Again, not trying to complain, but when people think I am being slow or ineffective on the merit of poorly designed revisions, then I have a problem.

Your best bet in a situation like that is to grab your PTL by the ear and drag them over than do a step by step walk through of what you are up against (if they haven't had to deal with dreck like that themselves).
Let them know upfront you will do it as fast as you can and give them a reasonable estimate, than stick to that time.
If they give you a hard time about it, you at least know you warned them up front.
As long as you keep your tone professional and informational there isn't much they can say.

I remember feeling like that when I did the revision in the spice section of market. Most of it stayed the same minus a couple items that had to be moved. But the zone was horrible so I had to take everything out anyways like if it was a reset and I had to replace the old pushers it had because they were all busted -_-

You have pushers for your spices? We've always just had the sticky dividers.
No sticky dividers for us.. Its those pushers that you use in the pharmacy for medicines. Those are the ones we used for the spices. Big pain in the ass.

Same. Hell we've had to stash ax pushers in the ambient room so that we have some for things like frozen fruit bags that don't include them in the pog (either that or the pog team just gets lazy)
Do you guys use pushers for the frozen meals?

Reactions: Cel
Do you guys use pushers for the frozen meals?

No, I wish we had enough pushers for that. Would pretty much zone the freezers for us which might make zoning all of G reasonable for 1 person with slashed hours :(

No, I wish we had enough pushers for that. Would pretty much zone the freezers for us which might make zoning all of G reasonable for 1 person with slashed hours :(
If I'm not mistaken, from what I was reading in the pamphlet about the new pfresh transition/fixture book we are not allowed to use pushers for frozen dinners. They tested it & saw a decrease in sales or something. Would have to go back & read it.

Your best bet in a situation like that is to grab your PTL by the ear and drag them over than do a step by step walk through of what you are up against (if they haven't had to deal with dreck like that themselves).
Let them know upfront you will do it as fast as you can and give them a reasonable estimate, than stick to that time.
If they give you a hard time about it, you at least know you warned them up front.
As long as you keep your tone professional and informational there isn't much they can say.

This.

I help out my store's plano team when their hours get nuts and they/we've had some nasty revisions coming through...if the TL tries to tell you it's reasonable make them do a shelf with you so they can experience how awful it is. I don't know if my store is just laid out funky but we've been getting a sizable amount of new pogs/revisions/salesplanners that just plain don't make sense so we've been making educated guesses on actual time estimates for how long it'll take to set things and ignoring what corporate says (for the most part).

I think this is when all ETLs need to send feedback to corporate & inform them that the expectations are way off & impossible.

If stores keep taking from Peter to pay Paul just so they report that they managed to achieve an impossible goal, headquarters will continue to make the goals even more impossible until the system is completely broken.

These are humans trying to meet these expectations, not robots. And humans work better & more efficiently when they believe they can accomplish their goal rather than being encouraged to rush haphazardly through a job at break neck speed just to say you have finished.

Last edited:
These are humans trying to meet these expectations, not robots. And humans work better & more efficiently when they believe they can accomplish their goal rather than being encouraged to rush haphazardly through a job at break neck speed just to say you have finished.
Yes! I've said this for years at my store but nobody seems to care. Goals should be difficult but achievable.

Baby food revision, stuff does not fit and several of the new 4-packs were not UPC to DCPI tied.. Just FYI.. Those 4-packs suck..

Difficult sure, impossible cause nothing but doing the work is taken into account when calculating the time needed is stupid. But then every production job I have ever worked and its been a few, they always set standards using perfectly clean test media.

I did actually get to see managers who constantly complain we couldn't meet standards actually use the crap customers sent us, they no longer complained. This was payment processing..

Take a deep breath and step back. I know it's frustrating, but it's really not worth getting upset over this because I've seen several of your posts about this and I understand how frustrating it is because I've had to do it too with pushers and dividers.

Do it the way my PTL/team does it - take out the dividers and call it a day. Reduce the number of facings an item calls for. If HQ isn't going to be accurate with it, then why should we do it right?

It sucks (not how I think we should do it either) but it's kind of the way things roll at my store. Not enough time? Just half-ass it. As long as you can speak to it, you're good. We don't get paid enough to stress out over it.

Ive always wondered about people who post that their TL doesnt know how long it takes. Do normal PTLs not work with their team? I am side by side with my team as much as I can be. I actually set the baby food rev this past week and I totally get it. I think my store is lucky because Ive had my ETL work wth us for a few days whn we set in HBA and he now gets how much time it takes to put in dividers, change backer etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back