Archived So they're threatening to fire cashiers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the store I work at they are now threatening to fire cashiers if they don't get 1 red card for every 4 hours worked... So if you have a full shift you're required to get 2. What they do is if you don't get your required amount they'll pull you into an office and "talk" to you about it. If you don't get it a few times they write you up, and of course if you get written up a few times you get fired.

My store if your work a full shift they required 7 red cards and at the end of your shift you have to check with the GSTL and then a LOD

They can't write you up for not getting red cards. They can write you up for not asking. So if you're not getting as many as they expect, you better make sure you ask every 8 year old buying a stick of gum if they would like to save 5% with a Target redcard, or else they will use those transactions as proof you are failing to meet core roles and then hang you for it.

This is a hotline situation. They are not allowed to coach you for not getting redcards. They can only coach you for not asking, so be sure and ask EVERY guest.

This^
And I really wish upper management (Not store level) would let go of the red card restrictions. I know, we've all heard it before.
Driving loyalty SO HARD actually is hurting the stores. Can't they see that?

This^
And I really wish upper management (Not store level) would let go of the red card restrictions. I know, we've all heard it before.
Driving loyalty SO HARD actually is hurting the stores. Can't they see that?
Not to mention that kind of pressure is leading to credit fraudWe've had so many cashiers do that. 5 fired in like the past 6 months alone.

The thought of anyone in upper management caring is funny.

My favorite so far has been .... (on the walkie) Hey team, we are challenging store whatever to see who can get the most redcards today.

It's nice to know that Target sees it's CUSTOMERS as walking wallets and red card applications.

Pretty dehumanizing.

My store if your work a full shift they required 7 red cards and at the end of your shift you have to check with the GSTL and then a LOD

7 per full shift?? Per person??? So, if you work 25 hrs, per week, you should get upwards of 25 RCs? That's insane! My store will stay off your back if you get at least 1 or 2 per week. I shoot for 1 card per shift, but more is better since I am rather found of my store's incentives.

What is your store's average weekly RC goal?

Sounds like a bluff. Most stores can't afford to lose cashiers like that. It's hard enough for Target to hire replacements, let alone keep them.

My ex-store just got a 30% increase in the REDCard goal for the week. Not meeting goal now by 30% so there are some sad faces, to say the least. On the up side, the starting salary is going up $1.50 so maybe they'll get better people? That's the dream, anyway.

At the store I work at they are now threatening to fire cashiers if they don't get 1 red card for every 4 hours worked...

youre_serious_futurama.gif

(directed toward management)

they cant fire you for not getting Red cards.... they CAN fire you however for not asking.... make sure you ask everyone no matter if it is only a candy bar! it is a scare tactic!

It's just a scare tactic they probably have a certain quota they have to get from the higher ups and if they don't get it they get yelled at and they decide to take it out on the little guys AKA team members by threats saying if you don't get red cards we will fire you! How can they fire you when getting redcards isn't even in the handbook? exactly....... They can fire you for poor attendance not doing your job ( which would fall into the asking part) but specifically not getting redcards that they cannot fire you.

I sure hope your HR TL isn't involved in that... someone will get a visit from district or regional if the 800 number gets called. That's some serious "hostile work environment" stuff going on there...

Could you imagine someone calling corp saying threats over here over red cards and it hits the local news and eventually hits national news and soon the bigwigs get involved and they say we never said that...... Scandal erupts and once again Target is in the news again this time for treating team members poorly. Hey it could happen....... Things happen all the time where people think they are being treated unfairly and it soon hits the news waves. I am not saying it would happen but you never know....

Last edited:
that girl also burnt all her bridges when she left. oh man that was a very depressing day at work because we were all nervous to get called in the office. I felt so bad for the GSTL because I don't think she really wanted to write people up and get people called in the office... she was just following orders.

Last edited:
that girl also burnt all her bridges when she left. oh man that was a very depressing day at work because we were all nervous to get called in the office. I felt so bad for the GSTL because I don't think she really wanted to write people up and get people called in the office... she was just fallowing orders.

Make sure they are writing up for not getting people to sign up for cards... That would be the paper trail you need.

And sometimes its ok to pour gasoline on that bridge and drop a match.. Sometimes you know you would never go back...

I dunno where y'all are that you can't be coached for not getting redcards because I have, by a GSTL's own admission, twice.
But they put it under the paperwork for 'not asking' despite her telling me "you are asking, you're just not getting enough".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back