Archived So today I felt like being a bum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a presentation TL. I have to work rotating weekends and this was my weekend to open.. we set beauty overnight last week so I had Sat off which was nice. today i felt like doing nothing.. still trying to get back to waking up at 2:30am .,, so.. after ad was done, and in-between back-up and getting calls i walked around and did stand alone research on ad stuff that was out. I did do one cart of re-shop too lol. anyone else have those days?

I don't have those types of days, but after not taking 15s and setting 10 or so salesplans I definitely have been known to head up to TSC and do some extended "planning" for the last hour or two of my shift.

I'm one out of maybe three people on hardlines that is good at their job and consistently finishes on time, so my TLs give me a LOT of leeway. Like for example I once took an hour long break instead of a 30 because a coworker and I went over to the new Wegmans that opened up and oh my god the food was so good we had sushi and this delicious chocolate cheesecake.

Anyways point is I didn't get written up or in trouble I just got told "Don't do it again." So yeah some TMs (like me) are lucky and can get away with a lot.

My Plano tl doesn't work period

My store's plano TL used to do nothing for half her shift then get a load of overtime. Once we got a new STL who caught onto it, she got a little better about doing her job and a lot better about watching out for overtime.

All of our stores TL's and ETL's just really, really, really, really, really like to spin the floor. Like, excessively.

I have lazy days like that maybe once every couple months. Recently it's been a lot of off-stage time organizing reviews, delivering reviews, making copies of reviews, and reading emails that I've only had the chance to skim over.
Days where I'm not giving 110% on the floor are when I only push clearance, do the huddle project, look at myperformance reports and help out the team in market/electronic/hardlines.

lol on a bad day i still do more work than most... but yesterday I was just not into it. it took us from 5am - 10:30 to finish the ad. i dont mind working weekends i just think its shitty that they make me close one weekend since the rest of my shift I work at 4am. its really hard to get back into the swing of things. i have to do a lot of planning this week cause i took vacation next week. it will be niceeeeeeeeee

My Plano tl doesn't work weekends.
My Plano TL doesn't typically work weekends, either. However, he's going to start going on rotation for TLOD to make it fair for the other TLs who work weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back