Archived So we're all zoning seasonal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were supposed to get done at 10:30 but around 11:00 we all started zoning seasonal-- well most of us were "zoning" and by "zoning," I simply mean screwing around w/ all the Halloween stuff. And one of the team leads/LOD/ whatever... boss type... lady "J" was working w/ us. She walks over, wearing one of the cowgirl hats, and was like, "Is it me or what?" I said, "Yeah it looks really good." She walks over to the G40, which is just a wall of random Halloween ness, and said, "I think I'll put you here... no here..." and I walked up to her and said, half-joking, in a "manager" voice: "Is that where that goes?" she goes, "No." I said, "Oh, really?" ... To which she responded: "Why are you so judgmental?" ... I laughed. These people have a FIT when we don't use the appropriate equipment for finding the proper location for the merchandise, and then just put it wherever they damn well feel like. I love how the total hypocrisy shines bright at this company.

The same lady also expressed her feelings on tickling. We have random convos while zoning, she thinks its, "A form of terrorism and she doesn't do it." I asked if she was serious and she said yes, "because it's a form of torture."

People at this company are SO MESSED UP!

Earlier today I was backing up cashiers, and one of the guys comes up behind me. I asked, "Oh are you replacing me?" and he AGGRESSIVELY responded: "Uh, yuh!" And then reminded me, "Don't forget to give them their stuff." Like, NO ****, I've only been cashiering since I started the job, jack ass. I know you're a miserable person who hates his life, but please don't take it out on me. It's not my fault! UGH!

Oh well, today rocked! I worked 2:45-11 and pretty much spent the entire time with the electronics girl and the mobile girl chit-chatting and laughing. But we did tag team and TOTALLY VIBED; we had an AMAZING experience when we helped an elderly women w/ her networking/wireless needs. Apparently our story is being selected and sent to corporate. Boo yah!

I asked about "The Vibe" today as I was chit-chatting w/ one of the LODs and she basically said it's more for store/team leads than anything else, since they are usually the ones who are too busy to respond to guests and simply say, "Oh, it's over there," instead of taking time out to deal with the guest. That was kind of cool, I actually got an answer regarding my "Vibe" questions. All-and-all, not a terrible Saturday.

""I think I'll put you here... no here..." and I walked up to her and said, half-joking, in a "manager" voice: "Is that where that goes?" she goes, "No." I said, "Oh, really?" ... To which she responded: "Why are you so judgmental?" ... I laughed. These people have a FIT when we don't use the appropriate equipment for finding the proper location for the merchandise, and then just put it wherever they damn well feel like. I love how the total hypocrisy shines bright at this company. "

This must be your first halloween in seasonal..... FYI - the entire department becomes a cluster f*** shortly after it is set. Honestly, the zone becomes a complete wreck and honestly it is pretty much impossible to keep to planogram. It was so bad at my store that for a few years instead of charging back all of the "pieces" of costumes, we simply put them all in bags and tossed them in the compactor.

Anyone trying to zone seasonal during halloween to planogram is, IMO, straight up wasting payroll.

""I think I'll put you here... no here..." and I walked up to her and said, half-joking, in a "manager" voice: "Is that where that goes?" she goes, "No." I said, "Oh, really?" ... To which she responded: "Why are you so judgmental?" ... I laughed. These people have a FIT when we don't use the appropriate equipment for finding the proper location for the merchandise, and then just put it wherever they damn well feel like. I love how the total hypocrisy shines bright at this company. "

This must be your first halloween in seasonal..... FYI - the entire department becomes a cluster f*** shortly after it is set. Honestly, the zone becomes a complete wreck and honestly it is pretty much impossible to keep to planogram. It was so bad at my store that for a few years instead of charging back all of the "pieces" of costumes, we simply put them all in bags and tossed them in the compactor.

Anyone trying to zone seasonal during halloween to planogram is, IMO, straight up wasting payroll.

Yeah I am new, but I figured that out. In our town it's basically where all the college kids go to **** up the department. But I just felt so good doing that to her simply because she's one of those people: very authoritative, always walking around ensuring we're doing our work; and criticizing it along the way. I know she's a "boss" or whatever, but there are different ways of handling the position. So I just got a little thrill from doing that, you should have seen her face; she looked so embarrassed!

But yeah, we all pretty much just pick the crap up and throw it on the shelves, because we know it ain't gonna stay there. Though I did have one of the walls practically perfect... for a couple of hours. sigh

Christmas set-up is a bit more civil than the halloween set at least. Big reason there isn't anything for children to wear and try on and toss to the ground over and over.

Except when the tweens start tossing around the large, outdoor ornaments.
Geez, I hope we don't carry those this yr....

I really want this but don't want to spend $40. I want the big skeleton too! The costumes may suck this year but I'm diggin the decorations :)

The decorations are cool this year! My skeleton display was sold for .01 cent, last week. Cashier rang it up without question. Ahhh!

I had stopped once before i was walking by the front end. then the cashier sold it without asking gstl when I was off. Dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back