Archived Softlines - Anyone Else's Shoe Dept Stock Really Low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightArm

2 Many Hats...
So, I just found out the massive shoe dept reset for our store happens in February. Yesterday I cleared out the last of the shoes we had in the stockroom with the exception of the four boxes that arrived early for the February reset. Our aisles are starting to go bare from the floor as we push the shoes upwards to fill the shelves. I will be taking off all back endcaps with shoes this week to fill in the rows. Any other stores having this problem?

I wish we had that problem. We have so many shoes at my store that my ETL-Softlines started building risers on the outermost fixtures in accessories just so we'd have somewhere to put them.

Do you have excess merchandise in your other softlines departments that you can flex into your outer aisle(s)? See if your VML has any ideas.

I wouldn't call that a problem at all. We always have way too many shoes.

Flex out some of the transition if you want to fill the shelves.

In all actuality our entire floor is light in just about every department. We purged the backroom of stock during Christmas to keep the tables full and actually had to help out HL with some of their overflowing stock of gift sets like for shaving and body wash... yes, we stocked those on our tables to fill them up during Christmas only to have to break them down in the end and spread out what hanging we have. It's been a weird year for us in a good way. And after that 20% extra off clearance on Cartwheel... even our clearance is low. But yes, we'll be continuing with all the flexing on transitions that we do have, spreading out the shoes and emptying the shelves from the bottom up... we've even had to remove peg hooks and rows on the back wall for hanging.

Wow @RightArm, our softlines is always crammed full of clothing. Our shoe department is always overflowing with shoes too, overpushed and messy from our careless guests. I imagine it's easier to zone though, right?

Wow @RightArm, our softlines is always crammed full of clothing. Our shoe department is always overflowing with shoes too, overpushed and messy from our careless guests. I imagine it's easier to zone though, right?

In some ways, yes, and in others no. Because there are no full sets of anything, really, it sort of looks like we just randomly shoved shoes in every aisle and there's not much we can do to fix that perception. And of course plano hasn't given us a decent reset in over six months due to a TL change and not enough hours. I guess, however, since the stock room is empty of all current stock the DTL doesn't really care how it looks as we haven't taken a hit for the dept at all. Still bugs me but considering what everyone else seems to be dealing with I'm starting to feel better about it. Shoes seems to be one of the areas that's most difficult for upkeep in softlines.

Shoes finally started coming in for the 2/7 reset. Oddly we had to backstock a few sets because they're not "active" in the system and when you scan them they say $0.00 or they're a repeat of sets we already sold which are now at 70% off in clearance and so the price is coming up wrong. A lot of the shoes they've sent are hanging flip flops. Still not enough boxes to fill the floor. Does anyone know if the issues with pricing should be my-supported or if you're just supposed to backstock them and wait for it to fix itself?

Shoes finally started coming in for the 2/7 reset. Oddly we had to backstock a few sets because they're not "active" in the system and when you scan them they say $0.00 or they're a repeat of sets we already sold which are now at 70% off in clearance and so the price is coming up wrong. A lot of the shoes they've sent are hanging flip flops. Still not enough boxes to fill the floor. Does anyone know if the issues with pricing should be my-supported or if you're just supposed to backstock them and wait for it to fix itself?

You can My Support using the I pods. I would My Support the $0.00 shoes.

we have had no shoes in the backroom since the beginning of December and we are flexing out any transition product as it arrives.

Our backroom closer pulled 5 pallets of shoes for price change a few days ago.

Our backroom closer pulled 5 pallets of shoes for price change a few days ago.

Ouuuuuch! We keep getting in lots of hanging flip flops. Haven't been in for a few days due to hour cuts so I'm not sure what the latest status is but five pallets of clearance shoes sounds pretty insane. ><

The hell... we backstocked a lot of casepack of shoes for the past few days.

The ones for the 2/07 reset. All of them says B so we backstock it

We've been pushing out every box of boxed shoes we can get our hands on. The back wall of hanging is full and we still have clearance on the floor so we don't want to start taking down shelves to put up hanging flip flops.... so all flip flops are palleted and up in the steel and all boxed shoes are on the floor as quick as they come in the doors.

We had 3 pallets of clearance on Thursday. Our shoe department is light, but nobody ptms shoes in my store or drops fills. I took a peek down the shoe aisle in the back room after we marked those shoes and it's half empty. Definitely lighter than normal..

Empty hole, insert box.

Simple.

Now that they are all clearance, you have to find room.
So the FRO/softlines TM/only salesfloor TM should stop working reshop and fixing the C9 adjacency that someone else fucked up and instead go fill shoes?

Or maybe the lone pricing TM should say "screw the workload, I'm gonna do this instead!" (She'll probably have to do that eventually anyways now that we have so many shoes waiting to be ticketed).

So the FRO/softlines TM/only salesfloor TM should stop working reshop and fixing the C9 adjacency that someone else fucked up and instead go fill shoes?

Or maybe the lone pricing TM should say "screw the workload, I'm gonna do this instead!" (She'll probably have to do that eventually anyways now that we have so many shoes waiting to be ticketed).

Clearance liability should be prioritized. Shoes is one of the easiest areas to flex. There is no reason to have any outs in shoes. If the SL TL were doing their job, they would have had shoes PTM'd long before those shoes ended up on a pallet to be clearance ticketed.

Clearance liability should be prioritized. Shoes is one of the easiest areas to flex. There is no reason to have any outs in shoes. If the SL TL were doing their job, they would have had shoes PTM'd long before those shoes ended up on a pallet to be clearance ticketed.
I don't disagree that it should have been handled better, but nobody has time to do everything that needs to be done. Last week the SLTL was updating the signing throughout softlines and doing revisions in entertainment (POG team is falling behind). And that's in addition to his 3 LOD shifts.

Agreed. When one person cannot focus on their own workload without being snagged to do someone else's it does get difficult to do everything that needs doing. Between that and hour cuts it can drive a body insane. ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back