Archived Softlines POGs making me want to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

StackerMistress

What's a team lift?
This is a frequent event in the backroom lately: SL-TL, ETL, or TMs will call back and ask if I can pull some POGs for them. Sure, no problem. But then half to almost all of it comes back as backstock that must be SUBT999'd! Today, for example, I pulled four POGs... two black repacks, three red repacks, and two random ASST boxes. EVERYTHING but the assortments came back! Are dropping these POGs a mandatory thing for SL? Why can't they just use use research or make an EXF? Heck, even writing DPCIs down and having me just SUBT the items would be better than this. This is just so bizarrely inefficient.

I've been told that the capacity for a lot of the clothes is totally wrong, so the system asks to pull way more than will actually fit out there. But isn't that what we have EXFs for?

Yeah I never understood why the POG Replen function even existed.... It either gave me not enough, or too much. And sometimes it left out certain items we would need. The only time I'd ever use POG Replen was for a New Pog Fill on an endcap I was setting.

IIRC shouldn't the Softlines TL/Brand TM be shooting standalone research? Pretty sure that's what ours did....

We had the same problem at our store. A lot of times they would call us to say do not pull.

They need to do a pog fill and select ad items only, this will still clear it off twt being tied and filled and will not kill anyone in the backroom with a unnecessary pull. This is what my store does, we have given them explicit instruction and that if they drop a normal one they have to put it somewhere. Since they could "fake" the fill and then exf it.

OP: Softlines anything makes me want to die.

Yeah I never understood why the POG Replen function even existed.... It either gave me not enough, or too much. And sometimes it left out certain items we would need. The only time I'd ever use POG Replen was for a New Pog Fill on an endcap I was setting.

I never understood POG fills either. For the checklane endcaps, even New POG fills don't get everything, so I've had to hunt down the items on the sales floor on several occasions, even though they were located in the backroom. One of my GSAs shot EXFs for a while to try to fix that, but they were told to stop because it was screwing up the accumulator and the sales floor locations weren't getting filled.

POG fills trigger to replace everything in the POG.

New POG fills trigger to pull the new items to a POG and replenish what's low of the carryforward items.

The thing with softlines is, most product is flexed to the floor before a POG is set and the excess is sent back. So, when they do a regular POG fill, it triggers whatever you have in the backroom.

You should be using stand alone research after filling from the new pog fill. It sucks because it will be research with locations and ding instocks and backroom, but it is what it is and should get the stuff out of the backroom that the new pog fill did not.

OP: Softlines anything makes me want to die.

I never understood POG fills either. For the checklane endcaps, even New POG fills don't get everything, so I've had to hunt down the items on the sales floor on several occasions, even though they were located in the backroom. One of my GSAs shot EXFs for a while to try to fix that, but they were told to stop because it was screwing up the accumulator and the sales floor locations weren't getting filled.

Yeah, I've had many a salesplanners where there were 0 Backroom LOCs on multiple DPCIs, so my Pog Fill would come out only half complete... Had to hunt down those items on sales floor >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back