Archived Some College or Bachelor's Degree Level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I'm new to posting but have been reading threads for a while.

I'm one of those bright-faced soon-to-be college grad. I graduate this May and I'm considering Target as a possible next step. Obviously have read the threads about how horrible Target is to some ETLs but that's what I'm going for (albeit with caution).

I have applied to several ETLs openings in different parts of the country and now recently noticed that some of those positions (although posted last week and still accepting applications) have a status update of "no longer under consideration."

I do have 4 years of retail experience (but not management) and have worked at target before as a TM. When I filled out my candidate profile I did say that my education level is "Bachelor's Degree" and not "some college" since I'm very literally less than a month from graduating.

Do you think that hurt my chances since Target is known for hiring people straight out of college? I also made sure I added a resume with my expected graduation date on it. Help!

It may just be that Target is cutting the number of ETLs.

My store has 2 extra ETLs but as rocklobster and others have shared. ETL HR and AP are being phased out and Log seems the next to go.

Definitely apply to some of the internship openings before you graduate. It seems to me like some of the positions sit there as place holders and they aren't actually hiring at the moment for the position. I've noticed the same thing in the past.

I think it is fine to put bachelors level on the application and not just some college. My college advisor told us to do that on our applications.

Putting the expected graduation date on your reaume was the right thing to do. Good job.

thank you guys! So far out of the 19 jobs I applied to there are only 6 where I'm still being considered. I'd rather go for something more solid than intern although I'll still look into that. What's the likelihood that an intern could be offered an ETL position after interning for the 10 weeks? I know it's based on performance but still do most intern get offered a more permanent position?

In my district, it is rare that an intern isn't offered an ETL job.

It may just be that Target is cutting the number of ETLs.

My store has 2 extra ETLs but as rocklobster and others have shared. ETL HR and AP are being phased out and Log seems the next to go.

My store has 2 extra Sr Team Leads instead of hiring ETLs which may also be one way of Target to reduce the amount of ETLs.

My store has 2 extra Sr Team Leads instead of hiring ETLs which may also be one way of Target to reduce the amount of ETLs.

Yeah stores are getting more seniors now to replace the loss of ETL HR and ETL ap. Our store used to hire ETLs before we had a position for them. Some would stay and some would go to other stores. Now we are over head count we are waiting to lose them via attrition

thank you guys! So far out of the 19 jobs I applied to there are only 6 where I'm still being considered. I'd rather go for something more solid than intern although I'll still look into that. What's the likelihood that an intern could be offered an ETL position after interning for the 10 weeks? I know it's based on performance but still do most intern get offered a more permanent position?
It's a 99% chance....unless you're horrible, that you'll be hired after your internship. After spending so much money on you for the 10 weeks target is basically invested in you.....BUT....unfortunately since you're graduating this may it's too late for you to be in the internship.

Depending on how long you worked for Target as a TM before hand, If your an EIT who secretly worked for Target before hand your chances I would imagine would be better than an EIT straight outtta campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back