Archived Something to remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say my peice as a newbie to forum and fairly new to Target. I know Targets not perfect, but compared to whats out there its pretty close. Im sure there are people out there that can relate, and others that have had ot worse, but I came from a really bad job situation. Where I worked before (worst 5 years of my life) was a violent and disgusting work envirnment. Getting simply cussed by the boss was a good day. My old boss would cuss you, talk down to you and even threaten violence onto you. He didnt care who was around either. He would do it in front of your own family. He would call you in on days off, which were few and far between anyway, and threaten to fire you if you didnt come in immediately. Because of the way we were paid there was no overtime, so he would work us 7 days a week very often. I could go on for another 500 pages but there isnt time or room here. But with no college degree i thought that was the best i could ever do. I really like working for Target. I think some dont realize or forget what else is out there.

Just wanted to say my peice as a newbie to forum and fairly new to Target. I know Targets not perfect, but compared to whats out there its pretty close. Im sure there are people out there that can relate, and others that have had ot worse, but I came from a really bad job situation. Where I worked before (worst 5 years of my life) was a violent and disgusting work envirnment. Getting simply cussed by the boss was a good day. My old boss would cuss you, talk down to you and even threaten violence onto you. He didnt care who was around either. He would do it in front of your own family. He would call you in on days off, which were few and far between anyway, and threaten to fire you if you didnt come in immediately. Because of the way we were paid there was no overtime, so he would work us 7 days a week very often. I could go on for another 500 pages but there isnt time or room here. But with no college degree i thought that was the best i could ever do. I really like working for Target. I think some dont realize or forget what else is out there.

Some people just dont like Target and that is there opinion. Was in college before had a job before Target and they welcomed me with open arms treat me like family and my teams giving me many chances to move up anywhere in the store...just the one I want to get into is kinda not so open ^_^. Had a few problems here and there but nothing serious. I look forward to my future with the company.

P.S Welcome to the board!

Last edited:
I am still waiting to do orientation (waiting on another guy's drug test) but everyone at my current job agrees that Target cannot be as bad as where I am now. Things are so bad, my mom practically paid me to leave. As long as I can get hours at Target, there is nothing about it that can be worse than where I am now.

I promise I have nothing to do with anything corporate. I'm just a grad student who knows target won't be perfect (scared about not getting hours). But I figure if I'm not sworn at and glared at for breathing all the time then it's a step in the right direction.

I am still waiting to do orientation (waiting on another guy's drug test) but everyone at my current job agrees that Target cannot be as bad as where I am now. Things are so bad, my mom practically paid me to leave. As long as I can get hours at Target, there is nothing about it that can be worse than where I am now.

I have to ask - what business are you two in where you have to put up with that s**t?

Its just like with walmart. Most of my manangers are pretty nice (minus the one thats due in a month, but I'm giving her a small chance) Sure they load us with a ton of **** and expect us to get it all done but thats with any job.

When I was at Target I liked it.

First welcome, Supertech 1158 & Retail Girl, to our forums and the wonderful world of Target. Not everyone is cut out to work in retail. What some don't realize is that with every job there will be something you don't like about it. There is no "perfect" job IMO. But what you have stated here appears to be one of the worst scenarios I've seen in quite some time. I would like to wish you good luck and may this be the perfect fit for what you are looking for in a job.

I am leaving a small family owned and operated pizza place. Three years, not one single raise. Yelled at constantly by one of the owners, no breaks allowed for non-family (that's against the law in this state). Overtime isn't paid as overtime. Expected to stay after my shift and work off the clock if we are busy. Impossible to get a day off if you're non-family. The list goes on, but it's too depressing to think about.

I worked in a grocery store through college and undergrad, so I'm quite aware what retail involves. I can deal with all that more than I can with what I'm leaving.

Greetings and salutations.
Cool to have you with us.
Nothing wrong with liking your job.
There are days when I really like mine very much.
The people I work with by in large are very cool and I even get along with most of my bosses.
Retail is a strange animal that can be a lot of fun if ridden properly but can tear you down and rip you to shreds given the opportunity.
I've found that is most likely to happen if you don't get proper support from the top, which lately tends to happen a lot.
Enjoy your time with the company, hang out here, ask questions, there will always be someone who will have an answer.

Last edited:
Welcome! I just posted a similar thread speaking about how nice it is when you know what it's like to have a REALLY crappy/tough job. You may come across some "nay sayers" on this site, but I firmly believe as long as you keep your head up and try your best, you will reap the rewards! Welcome!!!

I am leaving a small family owned and operated pizza place. Three years, not one single raise. Yelled at constantly by one of the owners, no breaks allowed for non-family (that's against the law in this state). Overtime isn't paid as overtime. Expected to stay after my shift and work off the clock if we are busy. Impossible to get a day off if you're non-family. The list goes on, but it's too depressing to think about--.

That's when a union or something needs to step in.

I dont want to list the name of it, but i was a mechanic at a tire shop. One of largest tire companies in the world too, not just a mom and pop shop or anything. And in case anyone read my post wrong, i love working for spot. The whole point of my post was to show it is such a step up from other companies ive worked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back