Archived Sometimes I'm not sure if reading this forum is a good idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berry Red

Team Member
Reading about all the changes, but also not knowing about all the changes or what to really expect just wears on my state of mind. It's a vicious cycle though. Part of me wants to step back, but I also want to know WTF is going on...

I agree with you. On the other hand I only get 4 hours a week now so I'm not in my store often. Since all stores are the same now it's good to check up how everyone is doing here instead.

I think it is a huge failure within the company to not be more transparent. Part of me thinks it's intentional to keep it opaque. Part of me thinks it's actually this haphazard. I'll give you an example of the haphazardness. A couple years ago, "Revisions will be less than 50% change with no fixture moves." Face palm when they send revisions that are 85% change that are 7 hours long.

I think it's 50-50 intentional vs. bumbling bureaucracy.

I sometimes get upset/anxious reading here the changes that are being piloted or will be implemented. However, that gives me time to accept the changes, adjust my attitude, and adapt my behavior before they are announced in the store. So, when they are announced and rolled out in the store I'm ahead of the game while all other TMs are freaking out. Knowledge is power.

This is one of those changes that impacts people's lives, not just their jobs. It sucks having so much uncertainty because my schedule is perfect for my kids and now it may not and I NEED to know this information.

They know full well that if they are going to pilot a program, it's going to be public knowledge so stop holding so many people in the dark.

I find that this site has been spot on (no pun intended) with numerous changes throughout the years. I totally remember way back when someone posted we would be open at midnight on blackfriday. Everyone thought it was nuts and someone was trolling. Well 100% true. This modernization has been implemented in quite a few districts for months now. STLs trying to get ahead of the game I suppose. People who lived through it have been letting others know what was happening in advance to prepare themselves. Knowledge is power. always has been always will be. With the knowledge you can be in charge of your life. This uncertainty they are peddling is showing them exactly who is willing to eat a shit sandwich and enjoy it. This drip drip drip of information the company is giving out is totally by design.

A side note, the forum is good place to vent, teach folks, learn processes, share ideas, & have a good laugh, too. Spot is not good on communication with the teams. I came here, because ause my fellow tl got termed for reduced headcount over 10 years ago. I am still here....

I know we all take news differently but let my years of livin' be of use...

Consider this a place of knowledge that you can use to strategize. I know that I know more than the majority of tms at my store. A year ago when the end to end pilot was being talked about I started looking around at what I would do if my work center was eliminated. Well, it happened but I'm good cuz I had that time to figure it out.

I get it, especially right now. So much info is coming at you and it's overwhelming. But, this is info you need to know and it's likely it won't be communicated effectively from your leadership. From here you can ready yourself and then go into work using what you know to look like a star student.

Take away: come here and learn what you need to know, go to work and don't talk about it but use what you know to be a little ahead of the game. Lather, rinse, repeat.😉

I was thrown to the wolves when I became a GSTM. This place taught me how to do my job, no joke. I also at least knew what was coming when I found out we were in a pilot district last year, and while it still sucked, being mentally prepared made it suck less. I agree with the others: knowledge is power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back