Archived Soo... ending seasonal work, do I have to do anything to be re-hired next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seasonal work ends in about a month and I'm wondering if I have to do anything to remain hireable for next season? They said the seasonal positions end the second week of January, so does that mean I have to submit a two weeks notice or does the employment simply end? I am not interested in remaining on year-round, I just want to do the seasonal job route.

Yeah we actually have someone who has worked the past 3 holiday seasons at my store. He has another job but works seasonal at Target for that extra pay for presents and the sorts.

Good question!

Yeah just let it play out and let them know you would be interested in returning next holiday season. You will have to reapply. If you are marked as rehirable (and if you've been in good standing the whole time and were a good worker, you should be) they will more than likely bring you back next holiday season as it's one less person they have to train, and you are a known quantity...that is, you're not going to call out or be a bad worker.

We had a lot of people at my store that were in your situation and were brought back or wanted to stay but it became a numbers game and even some good people had to be let go but they return next holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back