Archived SOOO I want to become a GSA. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a cashier for about 6 months, I'm cross-trained and I'm good at my job. I've always been interested in becoming a GSA and obviously a GSTL at some point, I want to move up! :)

Anybody have any tips on what to do so I can hopefully get a promotion to GSA? Is there anything I should know?

Talk to your GSAs, GSTLs, ETL-GE, and ETL-HR! Ask them for advice on what you need to do in order to advance. Also, let them know you're always willing to do extra projects and help out with candy, gum, bags, etc.

I've been a cashier for about 6 months, I'm cross-trained and I'm good at my job. I've always been interested in becoming a GSA and obviously a GSTL at some point, I want to move up! :)

Anybody have any tips on what to do so I can hopefully get a promotion to GSA? Is there anything I should know?

At my store one cashier went to GSA eventually because she had a little experience by covering GSA breaks. Just did it more and more and it helped. I dont know if they let regular TM's do this at your store , before they had only Team leads do it but then they started complaining.

Talk to your GSAs, GSTLs, ETL-GE, and ETL-HR! Ask them for advice on what you need to do in order to advance. Also, let them know you're always willing to do extra projects and help out with candy, gum, bags, etc.

I spoke with my GSTL, he said he would double train me in Guest Services until I was a expert since I'll need to know that.
My GSTL knows that I like variety in my day and that I'm willing to do anything. I haven't met my GSA yet? I don't know if there are any! Lol I haven't met any!

At my store one cashier went to GSA eventually because she had a little experience by covering GSA breaks. Just did it more and more and it helped. I dont know if they let regular TM's do this at your store , before they had only Team leads do it but then they started complaining.

I'll find out. I'm going to have to study store policy tonight until I can recite it by heart. Lol I say this because I can forget things in pressing moments such as angry guests or if corporate came by and decided to throw random questions my way.

I'll find out. I'm going to have to study store policy tonight until I can recite it by heart. Lol I say this because I can forget things in pressing moments such as angry guests or if corporate came by and decided to throw random questions my way.

But like Staticsun said partner up with GSTL or ETL-GE/Softlines and go from there . Goodluck

when you get trained up on GS that will really help with being a GSA. we have quite a few GSA's at my store who have never worked at GS and it's frustrating because they don't know how to help up there very well. I was GS before a GSA and was never actually trained as a GSA because i just knew how to do things after being at GS for so long.

From my own experience I can tell you what works in our GSAs. We look for a great sense of urgency (the guests hate waiting for anything as you will soon find out) as well as being visible to all of the guests. This means standing in front of the lanes for at least 90% of your shift so that they can see someone is there running the lanes and keeping the focus on the 1+1 standard. You also need to know how to delegate to get your zone done or help the sales floor as well as keeping everyone on task. If you know guest service that will be a HUGE plus because more often than not even if you are just a GSA, in the guests mind you are the manager. If you need any other tips or suggestions just PM me, I am happy to help!

GTC cards? I've never done a survey but I'm okay with Redcards.

GTC=Great Team Cards. Make sure you're writing them and recognizing the team for things they do. You'll be expected to write a lot if you promote. Try and step up your redcard game. You need to show that you're proactive also. You can always pm me for more tips if needed. =)

Our store used to actually keep track of the number of surveys filled out at the registry kiosks, and they put me in charge of driving those. Once we started running little contests and really focusing on pointing out the survey to guests, our survey scores went way up. Taking captainship of that is how I got my GSA spot.

I found it interesting, when I mention the survey, a lot of guests will fold it at the line between the survey and the receipt. So I think that really does help to mention it.

I found it interesting, when I mention the survey, a lot of guests will fold it at the line between the survey and the receipt. So I think that really does help to mention it.

I always fold it there myself when I'm handing the guest the receipt. Makes them more likely to notice. That and highlighting the User ID and Password section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back