Archived SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just started at a store last week and my hiring process in total took about a month and during that process I talked to at least 5 different other employees at each stage. I'm a college student so I do not live near the store I'm working in. I planned on going home for both Thanksgiving and Christmas (a month long break) which I mentioned to one of the first people I talked to in the process but since actually starting i'm nervous that they may not have passed along the message or I did not make it clear enough. Im not sure what to do...

Hahahahahaaa... good luck with that, brudder.

Month long break?
Thanksgiving, Christmas
Good luck...

My semester ends December 19th, so i would be going home until January 20th...

LOLOLOLOLOL

*ahem* I mean, I hope the best for you. It's very unlikely that you'll get it off if they haven't already talked to you about it since starting. Did you put it in as a time off request? If not, it doesn't exist to them.

We just hired someone who said in the interviewing process said he needed a full month, starting mid-November all the way through Christmas, and the executives were laughing saying that since he never submitted it, they didn't have to give it to him.

You should probably check on that.

Sorry man, I really don't think that the store hired you with that in mind.

Retail doesn't take breaks during the holiday season.
I doubt very seriously they would have hired you if you were planning to be gone during the busiest time of the year.
That IS why they hire extra people this time of year.
If you haven't submitted your time off request, you're probably out of luck.
Even if you submit it, they don't have to approve it for the reason above.

Upcoming vacations should have been mentioned again during the job offer.

I would like to be optimistic and say that they are aware and are willing to accommodate you. It's not like Target is going to pay your room and board costs for the Christmas break.

Talk to HR as soon as you can to make sure they are aware. And if they tell you no way, let them know that you will have to give your two weeks notice on December 9th unless they are going to pay your college for you to stay on campus (they obviously won't want to).

Best case: HR is aware and you are good to go.

Worst case: The TL who gave your first interview is an idiot and you are going to have to quit and reapply when you come back from break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back