Archived Spot Announces 8PM opening (Confirmed with Associated Press)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a sidenote, how accurate is this? I'd thought Target would be plastering it's opening all over the place and I see nothing.

The time is correct...I just did a search to find the time. There are announcements that were sent out at midnight....early enough so that newspapers across the country can print it in the news for Monday.

This literally broke at midnight with the AP. I presume it was embargoed by the PR team in Minneapolis. In my experience, when it comes to the site, Target usually posts at 5amCT the day of the announcement. The AP doesn't write and publish stories without 2 confirmed sources. A Press Release and someone in Spot's PR to confirm would be enough to go forth with the story after the embargo.

The time is correct...I just did a search to find the time. There are announcements that were sent out at midnight....early enough so that newspapers across the country can print it in the news for Monday.

My other job is in News Media. I can confirm that midnight is too late for Monday morning papers. At least the print edition. Print editions must be laid out by 8pm at the extreme latest so they can be printed in time for the delivery folks to pick them up between 2 and 3am.

Well, I can say I'm happy its not 6? That'll be next year. Praying I won't be there to experience it.

I expect to be long gone from Spot by then....I'm hoping that my job search is successful and quick!

Which means they had it since last week. Because nobody above team member works weekends consitantly in the s*hit Hole.

I've worked in retail for 15 years and this is the first company I have ever worked for that I found out information through the media, instead of from management, or in the case of Target what passes for management. Disgraceful!!!

I have the same issues with Walmart. Corporate retail seems to think we don't have to be told because we'll see it on the news. Pathetic.
We still don't know our sales times. I haven't found anything official on the internet yet.

I agree. When we asked when we would find out, our ETLs said the day before the schedule came out. And now this comes out.

Just saw the ad on Target's Facebook:

TVs
$229 50" element (on front page)
$379 47" vizio (reg $519)
$397 Samsung smart tv 40"
$199 Westinghouse 40" (reg. $429)
$249 37" vizio
50" Samsung led tv with $50 gift card $597.99 (reg. 749.99)
Samsung 55" $697 reg $899

**spend $75 or more on Black Friday and get a 20% off coupon valid dec 1-7

$100 gift card with ipad purchase
$50 gift card with iPod touch 5th gen purchase
54.99 Sony blu ray player (reg. 104.99)
$79 nook hd 7" tablet
$119 beats headphones (reg. $179)
$1 DVDs
$4-9 DVDs/blu-rays
$8 tv on DVD
$13 dvd box sets

$259 Dyson reg $399
Saturday 11/30 bogo wrapping paper and 50% off Christmas trees

Also a lot of the other usual stuff, small appliances, clothes, shoes, accessories, towels, gaming chairs, blankets. (The electronics deals seemed more impressive).

They keep saying they're doing this because the public wants it. I've talked to people outside of retail, they don't want it but they go anyway because in this economy the need to save wherever they can. We were DEAD for hours after the initial rush and I don't think we even made the forecasted sales. What's the point?

As a former Target TM, I voe to avoid Target this season.

I won't avoid Target but I am avoiding Black Friday. Since I am at a new job and do not have any time off earned yet, I will be spending Black Friday at the dentist..yay.

They keep saying they're doing this because the public wants it. I've talked to people outside of retail, they don't want it but they go anyway because in this economy the need to save wherever they can. We were DEAD for hours after the initial rush and I don't think we even made the forecasted sales. What's the point?

It's always the same people who want to save money on a TV they don't need.

I don't think people are really upset about it in my area, After all our forecast was only like 400 and we made almost 600 last year. and that's with the store being completely dead from midnight till like 8am saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back