Archived Spot Announces 8PM opening (Confirmed with Associated Press)

Status
Not open for further replies.
for what it's worth we had a team lead/etl meeting yesterday to announce the time and there was an email from corporate apologizing for it being released before we found out. Apparently they told yahoo with the agreement it wouldn't be announced until monday evening. In any case, I'm happy with an 8pm open. It's better than the 6 I was thinking it would be!

I have a question...

What happens if i just HAPPEN to get really sick on Thanksgiving and can't make it in? Are there any extra repercussions to calling out?

I have a question...

What happens if i just HAPPEN to get really sick on Thanksgiving and can't make it in? Are there any extra repercussions to calling out?

I was super sick one year. I went in anyway and they sent me home after we got through the initial rush.

It'll be 6. They'll change it on Thursday and my poor HR TM will have to rewrite the schedule. Happened last year, remember? We announced midnight, then moved it back to 9 and redid the schedule. And it'll be my last 4th quarter. Next year, we'll be open Thanksgiving. Just watch. :p

Will we be scheduled before opening in order to prep? Because if we have to start the minute the store opens, we're screwed.

Will we be scheduled before opening in order to prep? Because if we have to start the minute the store opens, we're screwed.

All the prep is done Wednesday night, a bunch of people will come in and have everything set up and ready to go. After that you'll have a few that show up at around 7 for final prep and the rest of the people will start appearing around 7:30 745ish. If it goes anything like last year you'll be given a schedule for when your breaks and lunches are.

I have a question...

You could always injure yourself the day of. Kind of difficult working through an ankle sprain.

All the prep is done Wednesday night, a bunch of people will come in and have everything set up and ready to go. After that you'll have a few that show up at around 7 for final prep and the rest of the people will start appearing around 7:30 745ish. If it goes anything like last year you'll be given a schedule for when your breaks and lunches are.

Except for FA & SB. We'll have pizza crusts to prep & mocha to make.
We were in 1-2 hrs before opening last yr.

My experience is only with an ulv store with an old type FA.

& While I don't see a ton of people coming in to grocery shop, someone will have to come in to do SDA & cull in Pfresh.

I just read in my local paper (in Mass) that they refused to allow any stores to open on Thanksgiving thanks to Blue Laws. Anyone else hear this?

Bergen county NJ also has blue laws. Stores like Target and Walmart are closed every Sunday and for black Friday stores can not open before 7am. It's too bad I live in another county :(

Saw today that the store has posted the holiday hrs on the front doors.

So yes indeed, it is 8pm.

And once again Costco proves why they are a more decent and truly American company. They won't be open on Thanksgiving.

"Our employees work especially hard during the holiday season, and we simply believe that they deserve the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with their families," Paul Latham, the company's vice president for membership and marketing, wrote in an email to The Huffington Post. "Nothing more complicated than that."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/13/costco-thanksgiving_n_4262774.html

I've worked in retail for 15 years and this is the first company I have ever worked for that I found out information through the media, instead of from management, or in the case of Target what passes for management. Disgraceful!!!

In our store at least the STL announced it to TL's on the 11th.

And once again Costco proves why they are a more decent and truly American company. They won't be open on Thanksgiving.

"Our employees work especially hard during the holiday season, and we simply believe that they deserve the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with their families," Paul Latham, the company's vice president for membership and marketing, wrote in an email to The Huffington Post. "Nothing more complicated than that."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/13/costco-thanksgiving_n_4262774.html

thanksgiving is one of the 3 days the company i work for is not open for the ENTIRE day. granted you'll work the day before, but that given day? you won't work. ever.

Our schedule was put up today. I'm working 8-1:30am Thanksgiving in the backroom. What exactly will I be doing?

Then I have to come back in at 9:30 to cashier ugh.

I'm working 7-11pm, then 2-10pm. I just feel like coming in on thanksgiving night for 4 hours is duumb. One of my ETLs was there when I saw it and I said it sucked and she goes "well you'll get paid extra..." and I cut her off with "yea, but it's only 4 hours so it doesn't even matter." I hate 4 hours shifts on regular days. I certainly don't want one on a holiday. I'm not poor enough to think time and a half for 4 hours is a great thing.

My etl-hr said I could have more hours that night. I said I'd think about it, but I'm scheduled for 41.5 hours that week, so I doubt they'd give me more. I just wanted one overnight to get the whole thing over with in one shot.

Last year we did 12 hour shifts but we wasted a lot of payroll once the rush died off. This year our DTL wanted the strongest TM doing split shifts so they can be used both for the original rush and during the day Friday. As GSTL I'm one of the lucky ones who gets two black Friday shifts. 7pm-2am then back at 11 am until 7:30 pm. Yea :\ Personally I'd rather the 12 overnight like last year, at least it was all during the holiday pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back