Archived SRTL/TL Working off the clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it quite a bit. Clock out keep backstocking, work through breaks, type PDDs during lunch. There wasn’t enough time in the day and you’d get in trouble for overtime sooo.....

Working on the floor while off the clock? No. I have seen a few on the computers while on their meal or 15s though, but most of our TLs are very concerned with making sure they get and take breaks including team members getting breaks. They probably skip a last 15 most days, but I haven’t noticed anything else. Even heard a SrTL tell the morning LOD before a closing shift, he couldn’t be prepped for the day until he was on the clock.

I have seen it happen quite a bit. It’s one thing that pissed me off during my last days. I got accused of falsifying a PM document meanwhile they allowed stuff like that to happen.

Yep, even myself. I rarely take 15s, and lunch is spent doing admin stuff like researching part numbers / admin stuffs. I also meet with vendors because they always seem to show up just as I clock out. The extra effort shows.

One can be terminated for doing such. The issue is liability insurance. If one is not punched in and injury occurs the individual(s) over that individual will be documented and liability to off the clock worker can be challenged.

It's taking a risk and putting one's superiors and own status with Target at risk.

Too much, so much my husband complains.
If presentation has a 100 hour workload week I am scheduled 40 hours and the team splits 40 more and call-outs are not replaced (math not wrong, ETL under schedules).
That means all time spent: at huddle, back-up cashiering, interviews, jumping in when guest service has lines, meeting with vendors, answering questions of tm’s from every work center, following up with my 2 teams, coaching, paperwork, wrapping salvage pallets, training new tm, ‘helping’ anyone else in any way, emptying the fixture room trash can (cause I’m the only one that does), reading emails/communication notes, attending meetings, sending emails, updating STL, in HR’s office about every tm problem, partnering with any other TL about anything, excess push batch sizes etc. etc. must be made up for off the clock to come clean. Up to yesterday I would willingly take at least 30 hrs per week work home to do.
ALL reading/stapling/mapping/pre-ties/planning/sequencing/daily work assignments/finding answers on this site were done at home/at lunch/in office after clocking out. It was the only way I could stay ahead and on top of workload while setting 40 hrs of pogs.
NO MORE. I’m discouraged from attemting the impossible. Starting Monday morning: Everything on the clock or left undone. A sure way to fail i’m Sure but yesterday I was blamed for something not being done that was not my responsibility. Really ? I Ensure presentation work is completed 100% and you’re blaming ME for an undone SPL That the salesfloor TL refused to do even after I sent out an email Letting everyone know presentation did NOT have sufficient hours to complete the 108’s in electronics!
ENOUGH. My efforts should be respected not criticized or greater expectations set ! So sad. Someone needs to tell our STL Making a hard working tm feel valued is free. Breaking a spirit costs tons in lost productivity. And I was looking forward to the realization of end to end modernization too, sorry i’ll probably miss it.
Let’s bet how long I last before I am performanced out for falling behind.
Did anyone read thru this whole vent ? No one to confide in about it at my store and wouldn’t bore anyone else.

Previous store one TL would arrive 1hr or so early to prep backroom for truck and other tasks since early morning was dependable as Juicy Fruit is lasting.

ENOUGH. My efforts should be respected not criticized or greater expectations set ! So sad. Someone needs to tell our STL Making a hard working tm feel valued is free. Breaking a spirit costs tons in lost productivity. And I was looking forward to the realization of end to end modernization too, sorry i’ll probably miss it.
Let’s bet how long I last before I am performanced out for falling behind.
Did anyone read thru this whole vent ? No one to confide in about it at my store and wouldn’t bore anyone else.
Sorry you are getting such miserable and unfair treatment. Modernization is difficult enough to deal with without all the criticism and disrespect that some STLs/ETLs seem to think has to come with it. I got tired of the stress, criticism and unfair blame, too. If you think they are about to performance you out, start planning your exit now so you don’t lose your vacation, look into health insurance options, etc. so if they let you go you won’t be caught flat-footed, or will be able to leave on your own terms. Hope this works out well for you, but if you decide to leave, I’m here to tell you there is life after Target. Good Luck!🍀

Most TLs in my store regularly work off the clock, myself included (although every leader except for myself and 2 others gossip over lunch for hours at a time every day while clocked in, so). Usually small things like I'm about to hit OT (God forbid) and I have emails to send or POGs to lay out for TMs for the next day or pre-ties to assign. That being said, I literally never take 15s, I've maybe taken 2 15s in 6 years...simply put, there's no way I could finish my centers workload some weeks if I didn't do some small things off the clock. It sucks and shouldn't happen, but when I have no other dependable leaders in my workcenter, I'm forced to pick up slack just to keep the area running smoothly.

Sooo conflicted. Want to do well. Not enough time to do well. Which is the stronger need ? Doing well by working off the clock to reach success.
Very frustrated that I have a tm that does 4 hours work in an 8 hour day and that is acceptable but I am penalized for doing 12 hours work in an 8 hour day.
Don’t understand why that is. If it was my business I know which I would prefer. Isn’t that the wrong message to send to other team members?

Sooo conflicted. Want to do well. Not enough time to do well. Which is the stronger need ? Doing well by working off the clock to reach success.
Very frustrated that I have a tm that does 4 hours work in an 8 hour day and that is acceptable but I am penalized for doing 12 hours work in an 8 hour day.
Don’t understand why that is. If it was my business I know which I would prefer. Isn’t that the wrong message to send to other team members?
Consistently working through your breaks sets the bar unrealistically high because you’re getting an extra hour. Don’t make them think you can get that much done it’ll just end up biting you in the ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back