Archived SrTLs

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your store (or any other store you've worked in) what positions are paired with being a SrTL?

For example, in my store we've had softlines SrTL, SrGSTL, back room/in stocks SrTL (in a store with only 1 TL in each area on the sales floor).

Also, which pairing of SrTL seems to be most common? I'm curious what other stores seem to do.

In my experience SF is the most frequent by a country mile, and that makes sense, because it's generally the easiest position to pull a person from to do an LOD shift.

Aside from that, I've seen Senior CTLs (though the company officially frowns on that now), GSTLs, BRTLs, and a PATL.

We have a SrTL-Replenishment, SrTL-Meat, SrTL-Instocks, and a SrTl-Softlines. We also have a TL in softlines to pair with our SrTL.

Sr LOG TL (flow)
Sr GSTL (keyed as SrHLTL)
Sr HLTL (toys)
Sr SLTL

Also forgot, my old store had:

Sr. Pricing TL (Keyed as Sr. HLTL)
Sr. Consumables TL (Keyed as Sr. HLTL)

we have 2 srtl hl, 2 srtl sl, srtl br/is.

all the new pricing/pog combos in our district are srtl. BAD IDEA. bad enough to get dumped with 2 workcenters, but most are pulling at least 2 lod shifts a week. how do they do it when the workload gets about 200 hours? the teams they have are no larger.

I forgot to mention, we also have two logistics key carriers (flow TLs) who are not SrTLs.

At my store there are two 2 Srtl hl, 1 srtl br, and I'm a srtl-gs. We are not suppose to have these many srtls though but our stl always gets his way with the dtl.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen a SrTL that was an AP-TL or APL? (I know ETL-AP sometimes take LOD shifts but I wasn't sure about the TLs).

Has anyone seen a SrTL that was an AP-TL or APL? (I know ETL-AP sometimes take LOD shifts but I wasn't sure about the TLs).

No. APTLs are PG15 which is a specialty TL but not a PG17 which is a SrTL. There has been talk of making APTLs in to SrTLs but it hasn't happened.

Honestly being a SrTL as an APL would be borderline impossible. One reason being say you are following someone and you get caught and the guest asks to speak to a manager and you are the only one there. Where does that leave the guest when they can't speak to someone else over you. Second, you are the only one running your work center. Every other SrTL has team members under them that can still run the show but as an APL you are it. APTL would be somewhat possible, since you will have at least 1 TPS, but still damn hard. If they asked me to be a LOD as an APL I would laugh and then walk away.

My store tried the Sr. GSTL thing and it didn't work well. Probably because we already had an ETL-GE who had to be the GE from heaven. All her scores were the top 10 in the company and She trained every new GE in the state. Our GE became GE/SL which is the reason we got a Sr.GSTL in the first place (ETL could concentrate on SL and the SrGSTL just on front end.)

Needless to say, our SrGSTL wasn't successful at the front end so our STL made up a SrTL-Ops position which basically made her over Pricing, Presentation, and Instocks.

So, the stores with Sr. GSTLs, are these U/LV stores that don't officially have a ETL-GE? Also, did your Sr. GSTL do actual GSTL shifts where they watched the lanes or just ran LOD shifts.

My store tried the Sr. GSTL thing and it didn't work well. Probably because we already had an ETL-GE who had to be the GE from heaven. All her scores were the top 10 in the company and She trained every new GE in the state. Our GE became GE/SL which is the reason we got a Sr.GSTL in the first place (ETL could concentrate on SL and the SrGSTL just on front end.)

Needless to say, our SrGSTL wasn't successful at the front end so our STL made up a SrTL-Ops position which basically made her over Pricing, Presentation, and Instocks.

So, the stores with Sr. GSTLs, are these U/LV stores that don't officially have a ETL-GE? Also, did your Sr. GSTL do actual GSTL shifts where they watched the lanes or just ran LOD shifts.

My store has a Sr GSTL who is only GSTL two days a week (aside from LOD three times a week). We have an ETL-salesfloor/GE. I don't know if having the sr gstl actually resulted in our ETL having to worry less about the front end, especially considering the sr gstl is LOD three times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back