Archived Star Wars Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I forgot to check it out yesterday. I went back today and lo and behold there sat 2 tms coloring in a coloring book. They are both die hard fans and volunteered to do I don't know what!

Aye we gave out most of ours in seasonal near the shop (which sits directly down the racetrack from toys & entertainment). But towards the end we just went to toys and gave em out. Our table was set up with a Micromachines set and a lightsaber...or three...to demo. Mostly parents and kids played with the light sabers but they loved it.

Was it a huge thing like Lilly? No. But if we had marketed it better maybe we could've done more. Target waited too late to join in the fun imo.

Aye we gave out most of ours in seasonal near the shop (which sits directly down the racetrack from toys & entertainment). But towards the end we just went to toys and gave em out. Our table was set up with a Micromachines set and a lightsaber...or three...to demo. Mostly parents and kids played with the light sabers but they loved it.
I had the light sabers for 9.99. Everyone liked them, in rebel & empire colors.:)

I went in last night around 10pm and was expecting the area to be barren, but there was a decent selection of stuff remaining. I picked up two T-shirts today using the 20% off deal in Cartwheel. Thought about getting the AT-AT shirt today, but I remembered that it is in regular set.

So many people are calling about that damn BB-8 toy. It says we have some on the way, and I'm telling guests to check back tomorrow. It'll be a death match.

So many people are calling about that damn BB-8 toy. It says we have some on the way, and I'm telling guests to check back tomorrow. It'll be a death match.

I bought one of our BB-8s, then I realized it wasn't the app controlled droid so I put in an order on ThinkGeek.

It was shown on Saturday Today show, has being the one of top 5 toys for Star Wars.
is this going to be the toy we get calls about all holiday season? Or will the hype blow over by then?

The event went great at my store! We were pretty busy and people came in specifically to shop Star Wars all day Friday.

That BB or the 4 engine Falcon RC ship. My hubby wants that Falcon.. He doesn't know its hiding in the garage. :cool:

He saw the empire bike and if he had a real use for it, he would have bought it. It totally matches his car.

That BB or the 4 engine Falcon RC ship. My hubby wants that Falcon.. He doesn't know its hiding in the garage. :cool:

He saw the empire bike and if he had a real use for it, he would have bought it. It totally matches his car.
Mine would have taken a Vader bike as well. Not much use in the country though....

...he'd love the better bb-8. The nerf light sabers are cute, but not for fifteen each.

I walked in the store & a wookie howled at me!
Life-sized cut-out of Chewbacca.
One of the voice boxes broke off of one, and I had to put it into the ESIM bag at the service desk because batteries. Apparently the GSA saw it and took it out and put it above the door entering TSC. It made a couple people jump, and one person yell at me because I had talked about wanting to do that very thing.

So we have 6 RC BB-8s on their way tomorrow night. It'll be like hunger games when they arrive.

No seriously, that's probably the coolest merch right now is any RC toy of that thing. It's an interesting time we live in, where you can sell merchandise for a movie that isn't even out yet.

One of the Star Wars bikes were stolen last night.

Wtf? Did they literally just walk out with it? Blatant, straight forward theft like that is sort of amazing. Amazingly stupid....but amazing.

Rode it right out the door. Closing TPS looked so sad.

Huh...it's like the perfect crime. He stole his get away vehicle. Also...what's with that fat tires on those bikes? That can't be easy to ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back