Archived Starbucks TL HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I'm hoping I can get some advice from any experienced SB TM or TL's.
I start my first day as a new SBTL in a couple of days and I am NOT prepared. I am moving from one store to a new store and due to some bitterness with me moving I have not received the proper training (Its a huge drama)

Ive been signed off with the Barista basics and I am confident I can wing it down there but after speaking with my new ETL yesterday my first focus is hygiene (this new store is utterly RED RED RED and not meeting even the most basic of requirements, if styrotech (I have no idea how to spell it) came in I'm certain we would get closed down)
Can you please throw some realistic deep cleaning/organizing/routines at me so that I can create a list tonight so i'm ready when I walk in there.

My new TM's already know me because I've filled in at the store under a different position a little while ago and they know I play hard ball so I don't want to lose the respect I've already gained by looking like an idiot who shouldn't have gotten this position (Other TM's went for it who have experience and are not very happy that I got it while still being under my 90 days with spot)

Thanks and ANYTHING you can give me to help would be much appreciated (I have already searched here and have made copies of the closing and opening notes, etc.)

In terms of Steritech, you should definitely make sure the sanitizer is correct (200-400 ppm, 65-85 degrees), the drains are being cleaned (with eliminex and then rinsed with a bunch of hot water) DAILY, that everything is dated correctly, and that all temperatures are taken twice daily and signed off by you or an LOD at the end of the night. If you get those right, you'll be fine.

After you have those down, you should make sure your team is doing all of the weekly cleaning tasks. If they say they don't have enough time, it's bullshit. It takes maybe 2 hours to do all 12 of them. Do a few here and there each day and you'll have them done in no time.

In terms of Steritech, you should definitely make sure the sanitizer is correct (200-400 ppm, 65-85 degrees), the drains are being cleaned (with eliminex and then rinsed with a bunch of hot water) DAILY, that everything is dated correctly, and that all temperatures are taken twice daily and signed off by you or an LOD at the end of the night. If you get those right, you'll be fine.

After you have those down, you should make sure your team is doing all of the weekly cleaning tasks. If they say they don't have enough time, it's bullshit. It takes maybe 2 hours to do all 12 of them. Do a few here and there each day and you'll have them done in no time.

Thanks awesome! Thank you.
Is there a 'Cleaning list' or something on Workbench that I can access? There are ZERO routines in place where I'm going :(
I know because of awful team culture they don't even do the nightly prep for cream and sauces, etc. if there is someone on the next day that they don't like.
Its a challenge! I just wish I had of gotten proper training

On workbench type Starbucks Best Practice and it should give you some insight on how we are supposed to run Starbucks. There's also a cleaning log on there and your store should have a cleaning manual of all the equipment of the department. Locate that, if you don't have it, I think it's orderable through SAP.

On workbench type Starbucks Best Practice and it should give you some insight on how we are supposed to run Starbucks. There's also a cleaning log on there and your store should have a cleaning manual of all the equipment of the department. Locate that, if you don't have it, I think it's orderable through SAP.
This.
As CoquiAzul said, workbench has copies of the cleaning logs that outline what should be cleaned & how often during the week. LODs are supposed to check those off nightly. We also had an opener's & closer's checklist.
We had each of these clipboarded & hanging under the counter at all times.
There's also laminated cleaning guide cards on a ring that can be ordered (don't have access to an order guide).
Steritech was known to pull the weekly cleaning logs to see if they were checked off & signed by leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back