Archived Starting seminary soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry

World's happiest cynic.
A little while back, I posted a thread about taking a leave, and not knowing whether or not I would return to Spot.

Well, I finally got my answer.

I was accepted into an MDiv program at a Seminary and, wouldn't you know it, there are no Targets in the town I'm going to (or in any of the surrounding towns, either). I think the nearest ones are in the actual metro areas, but all of them will be at least an hour away. I would transfer, but transferring with Target might as well be hell on earth.

So I think this is where I'll be saying good-bye to Spot. Once everything is absolutely finalized, I'll let HR know that they'll need to replace me (not going to be too hard, I imagine).

So long Target. You've been hell, but also a source of income, for about 4 years. But, it's time to move on to better things.

Won't miss ya. *mwah*

Hey everyone. It's been about little over 2 months but I figured I would stop by and give an update.

School's great so far. Lots of reading and writing, but that's to be expected. I have a 20 page paper due towards the end of November, but I've already gathered the majority of my sources. The MDiv program has a few emphasis that one can choose from, and I'm debating between Peace and Justice, Spirituality, or Pastoral Ministry. I want to either work in Non-Profit, as a spiritual director, or as a UU minister; which is where each respective emphasis comes into play.

I guess that's about it. Just wanted to stop by and say "Hi". :D

Update 2

Second semester has drawn to a close and I have officially completed year one of my studies! Just 2 more to go.

Now I have a few months of Summer to relax and come Fall semester, I (hopefully) will be going to South Korea for a student exchange.

Side note, the Target where I have worked has actually called me and wanted to know if I would come back.

Nope.

Do you/have you started studying languages yet?

It's an option for upper level Biblical classes, but not required unless one plans on going into academia.

As you could imagine, the choices are Biblical Hebrew or Greek.

If I do a language, I'm leaning towards Greek.

So to answer your question: I haven't, but I might.

Last edited:
It's an option for upper level Biblical classes, but not required unless one plans on going into academia.

As you could imagine, the choices are Biblical Hebrew or Greek.

If I do a language, I'm leaning towards Greek.

So to answer your question: I haven't, but I might.
I didn't. Part of me wishes I had...but honestly, my grasp for foreign languages is so bad, that I think it would have been an exercise in futility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back