Archived Stay off my register

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know your name, because I've only been there around 4 weeks, but stop trying to run your own sale. According to your id, you're 19. I know this, because after you kept telling me what buttons to push, didn't know your account was empty, kept trying to go for that qualifying gift card , had to swipe your ID for purchase, got your card pinged back for denial TWICE, then made it very clear you worked there and you know everything....so got out your discount card, kept trying to reach over the counter to push the buttons on my register, then I wound up having to void sale, so we could repeat the process...at which I said I was calling over a lead, to which you replied "never mind, I'll pay cash".......You've come to my register twice and stood in line, with open registers present, so I'm starting to think you wanted a newbie: So here's the thing: Being new, does not = moron. I'm middle-aged, a mortgage, two car payments & tons of kids...nothing, I repeat, nothing slides by me. Stop trying to push the buttons on MY register. Just because you stand and reach over the counter, doesn't mean you are not essentially ringing yourself out. You backed up my line, ticked off the guy behind you and overstepped. Here's the thing, the registers are rather smart. If it's not prompting for a gift card, there isn't one. While we do say Yes to the Guest, that doesn't mean, that as an employee, the rules don't apply to you. We make exceptions for guests, true, but those who work there, should be able to follow and read the coupon policy. I dislike being scammed and having to turn the other cheek with guests...and yes that happens....but I will not do it for you! Go to another lane!

I never got a name badge, so mine said new team member for a year. I loved it when they got in my line thinking it was going to be easy to push me over.

Wrong line. I taught my Supervisors a few things (truly). At least the extreme couponers learned to avoid me.

Wow. Yeah. I don't care you are, but it is never okay for a person being rung up to touch a cashier's register. If I know you, I don't care if you scan your own discount card, but that had better be the extent of anyone doing anything but putting their items on the belt and then loading them back in the cart.

If they want to do more than that, they can find a store with self check out.

Like other folks have said that does sound like something AP might be interested in hearing about.
If they pulled it on you, they must be pulling it on other new cashiers as well.

I scanned my card at my own store but if I was shopping at another store I would let them do the scanning.

Like other folks have said that does sound like something AP might be interested in hearing about.
If they pulled it on you, they must be pulling it on other new cashiers as well.

I scanned my card at my own store but if I was shopping at another store I would let them do the scanning.

Exactly. And a pushy employee I don't know, push back, flip the blinkers on and get the GSTL to educate said employee on proper behavior. Then still let AP know.

ugh! yeah...the bags.....that can really slow down the line. They're the cause of my misery! WHY?!?! Everytime. I know folks r trying to help, but that sooooo does not help!

So apparently people scanning their own discount card is commonplace, when I cashier it always made the AP in me go paranoid when I'm doing something on the register and all of a sudden I hear the telltale BEEP that means something was scanned, before I knew people who worked there I was like scuse me, I'm running the register here, I am responsible for what happens under my numbers. Now I know most people at my store so I'm more OK with it. I hate that our registers are set up where the guests can see the screen and more easily reach the buttons and press them than if they couldn't see what they were pressing. I also think we need to set up little expanding gates like they have across aisles at Home Depot across the back of the register, because I have turned around and hit like 20 guests who were standing not in the area of the next register over, but BEHIND MY REGISTER, while they were being rung up. Mostly this happens with groups who decide each member needs a front-row seat which doesn't work in a 3 foot wide aisle.

People need to respect the sacred space that is a cash register, and that you don't mess with it unless you're the cashier. sigh, in a perfect world........

I don't mind if TM's I know swipe their own card..Others - just stop it! But do not touch the register.. I will snap.

What happens the most is not people trying to work the K keys, it's people who try to get cashiers to let them complete BOTH SIDES of a redcard app, swiping their own ID and everything, like um no, it asks YOU questions, and now it's asking ME questions. See this black thing with the giant screen? That's what you touch, I don't touch that. This big taupe colored thing is what I get to touch, not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back