Archived Staying on after seasonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was hired as a season Food Service Team Member. I was notified that they're not keeping me full time because they don't have the hours to support me, which makes sense because next week everyone is short about five hours, and when I leave everyone is back to normal. It's disappointing because I really enjoy working for Target and would like to keep a job there.
I checked online, and apparently the only position in the store that is available is Sales Floor, which I would be perfectly fine with. Is it possible for me to talk to someone and be transferred to Sales Floor in order to keep my job? If so, who, and how would I go about to talking to them?

So I was hired as a season Food Service Team Member. I was notified that they're not keeping me full time because they don't have the hours to support me, which makes sense because next week everyone is short about five hours, and when I leave everyone is back to normal. It's disappointing because I really enjoy working for Target and would like to keep a job there.
I checked online, and apparently the only position in the store that is available is Sales Floor, which I would be perfectly fine with. Is it possible for me to talk to someone and be transferred to Sales Floor in order to keep my job? If so, who, and how would I go about to talking to them?

It couldn't hurt, but I have a strange suspicion that the posting you saw is either out-of-date or just posted out of a formality. It is very rare for stores to actually have a positions open after 4Q is over. Like I said though, it couldn't hurt. Maybe your store had a horrible batch of seasonal salesfloor TMs and they let them all go. Letting them know you would be open for anything could also benefit you if someone decides they don't want to stay on past the season even though the originally expected to. Stores sometimes forget how much it benefits them to have a non-food person know food ave. You would be a great person to have cover call-offs! Food ave call offs are always hard to cover at my store. Good luck. Target usually does some summer hiring. Try re-applying then if you haven't found anything else.

Target usually does some summer hiring. Try re-applying then if you haven't found anything else.

I believe they hire in the spring too (unless only my store did that last year), so you may want to consider that as well.

In our store when seasonal people are hired they are told that they will not be staying past their "seasonal" job times and they are told that trying to transfer to another dept isn't an option because they are seasonal......but every year we do keep a number of seasonal workers who have been great workers. As the end of the "seasonal" time rolls around the TLs and execs get together and decide who, if anyone, will be offered a position. So, at our store the best and only thing to do (for a seasonal) is to work your shifts, volunteer to come in extra, and be a responsible worker so that you have the chance of being brought on as a permanent TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back