Archived Stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got caught stealing things and gift cards that I was supposed to give customers. The AP said they are not gonna call the police or anything, but I did sign a paper saying what I did. It was 450 dollars in total and I was fired . I am a seasonal worker and have only been here for 1 1/2. He said I might or might not get a letter from corporate target. I’m a minor btw. Should I be worried at all.

I recently got caught stealing things and gift cards that I was supposed to give customers. The AP said they are not gonna call the police or anything, but I did sign a paper saying what I did. It was 450 dollars in total and I was fired . I am a seasonal worker and have only been here for 1 1/2. He said I might or might not get a letter from corporate target. I’m a minor btw. Should I be worried at all.
You should definitely be worried. Target does not play about theft. They will most likely subpoena you so you should talk to your parents about your options. You’re also gonna have to pay back the money. You shouldn’t have stole bro 🤦🏽‍♀️

LMAO ever heard the phrase “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you”? Of course not you’re 17, mommy and daddy pay for everything. Well they won’t get the cops involved but it will definitely go on your record so in the future when you actually have to pay bills and look for a real job you bet your bottom dollar this incident will come up. Have fun in court!!!

wait for the knock on the door !!!

SWAT-raid.jpg

giphy.gif

Jane's Addiction ... where are they now ?

love that dog barking !!

Why not steal so you don't have to worry? 💁‍♀️

1. WHY?
2. I am surprised by your honesty.
3. Stores usually have a set amount about on what they will press charges.
4. Target may put a collection against you and your parents to repay loss.
5. No chances of re-hire with Target

How do I pay them back? Do I mail it to them or what? That’s what I’m trying to do is pay them back.

TBH, you shouldn't be too worried. You are a minor so this won't affect you too much going forward. Even if you are criminally prosecuted, you'll get a slap on the wrist and your records will be sealed so they won't show up on background checks. You won't be able to ever work at Target again, but it's not going to stop you from working somewhere else. If/when Target asks you to pay the money dback, they'll let you know how to pay it.

Let this be a lesson to you though. Once you turn 18 the consequences for this stuff will be much more severe.

$400 is no joke. Your store needs to do about $10,000 in sales to make up for that loss. Not to mention the guests who've formed a permanent assumption that Target tm's steal from guests and who'll likely never shop there again and share their experience with others.

Ah, you internals are something else. Keep in mind all it takes is for them to take the evidence to the municipal police department and file on you and you could be seeing a court date. Most likely a fine though, glad you learned your lesson.

But the AP leader told me they are not gonna notify the cops. I’m willing to pay do anything.

Tell your folks. Pay Target back. Learn your lesson. Don't let this define you.
If you pay them back, they will not go to the police.

That’s a lot of money, I’m not going to rag on you cause it’s not really my place to do so but what goes through your head when you do that kinda thing? Did you just think you weren’t gonna get caught? What did you need the money for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back