Archived Stepping down from GSA to Service Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontEndFirecracker

Vibe Machine
I just made the decision to step down from GSA to SD after being a GSA for only 9 months. I'm in grad school and it's too much, and there's very little respect for people's time. Last weekend I worked over 35 hours in 3 days, basically doing a closing shift, and then TWO open to close shifts back to back. I'm done.

There's some weird tension with myself and one of the other GSA's now that she found out. She's trying to control everything I do, and she's starting being really rude and almost disrespectful - telling me that things are none of my business, when I'm still technically a GSA for a few weeks.

I was going to take a LOA, but I need a paycheck. I originally tried to transfer to be closer to home, but it was denied because of my availability.

Someone at my store did this and now she's the main cash office person. GSA is a good stepping stone job, but the pay sucks and everything else about it sucks. Do what you need to do. I don't blame you.

Same. GSA has very few perks, but a couple of those are hours and a rotating schedule (tough getting every other weekend off with any other TM position, especially now with myTime).

Depending on the culture of your store, it's also nice to have TL status without actually being a TL.

Rotating weekends. Lol. I wish. That's a promise that they seem split on at my store. Though I've given up believing it will ever happen.

I think the HRTM that does scheduling might have screwed up my availability.

I think I might let her keep it that way.

She hasn't scheduled me to work a weekend in over a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back