Stepping down from seasonal position

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a better gig lined up. Next week, I'm only scheduled for 4 days but plan on stepping down from my seasonal position after the 3rd day. What's the best professional way to go about informing my TL of this? I enjoyed my time at Target and want to leave on a good note.

Just tell your TL, grab the voluntary term form and leave. If you can't be an adult, don't let the door hit you in the ass. Cause that two weeks allows them to plan and not screw over your co-workers.

We have more than enough in my department. Plus I'm an entrepreneur, was only here for extra cash.

There is no professional way to quit without giving a two week notice. You will be marked as non rehireable.

Hmm maybe I should just do it since I actually did enjoy it, minus having to adjust to working overnight.

@Stokes if you must, you must. If it is the only option, then it is the only option. I would approach either your direct ETL, ETL HR, or STL. Let them know you had a good experience and apologize that you must leave so abruptly. They wont be happy but it's the best you can do. As you can see, the TMs that use this forum do not feel any sympathy for someone who doesn't give a 2 week notice, because they have negative personal experiences attached to that idea. You WILL "screw over" your fellow coworkers and your managers. But it is what it is. Sayonara.

If you cant give a two weeks notice or you don't want to that's your choice. You have to do whats right for you. I would simply go to your tl tell them you are going to have to quit and take it from there. They can help you with the forms and point you in the right direction. Good luck with things!

"Stepping down." It's seasonal, not a 24 year career as CEO. You're quitting. If you don't put in 2 weeks, you're not rehirable. You can still leave a good impression when leaving, but it by no means guarantees they would rehire you.

You can put in your two weeks and then call out sick for all your shifts. Where I worked you would still be considered rehire material.

And calling it stepping down made me giggle. You are quitting, leaving, parting ways. But stepping down would not be a term one uses when they leave a job, but I like it. It's a bit amusing.
Thanks for the giggle

Any time I have left a job, I have said - I am leaving. Do you want two weeks or do you want me to leave now?

Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways. It's a professional courtesy to give 2 weeks notice, even if you are seasonal and likely would have been let go in 2 weeks anyway.
With that said, just tell your ETL when your last day is, that you enjoyed your time with Spot, and would like to work there again. And be sure to fill out the voluntary termination paper from HR.

Since you were seasonal, don't sweat it. Also, don't expect to be marked as rehireable.

I've never understood the "cut and run" approach at jobs. Retail sucks but at least have some professionalism and give a 2 weeks notice. Unless you have a psychotic break or mental breakdown, you don't have an excuse of not giving a 2 weeks notice.

Retail sucks but at least have some professionalism and give a 2 weeks notice.

This. All jobs require professionalism. Yes, Target isn't a "professional" job but there is a certain way one needs to conduct one's self at work. My coworkers and friends want to know why I get so many hours and offers for cross-training. I believe people want to work with me because I show up, am never late, and take my job seriously. I don't randomly not show up or show up late or hide somewhere texting when I'm supposed to be working.

Lol at people going 'dont screw your team' when I bet almost none of your coworkers give a shit about calling out when you're there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back