Stepping down from seasonal position

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not wa tying out outta your way to be a dick but if you gotta call out, then do it. I just don't like the constant guilt tripping I see here when someone wants to quit or call out

tumblr_inline_mp0doeUBah1qz4rgp.gif

Sorry, but if you call out for no good reason, and make no effort to cover your shift, why would you NOT get shit for it? Deal with your shitty emotions that you deserve to feel. People have every right to call out and quit whenever they want and however they want. But that doesn't mean they're exempt from any type of repercussion. You can't throw punches and then not expect to get punched back.

tumblr_inline_mp0doeUBah1qz4rgp.gif

Sorry, but if you call out for no good reason, and make no effort to cover your shift, why would you NOT get shit for it? Deal with your shitty emotions that you deserve to feel. People have every right to call out and quit whenever they want and however they want. But that doesn't mean they're exempt from any type of repercussion. You can't throw punches and then not expect to get punched back.
Having a better job seems like a good reason to me to quit.

Not everyone here has Attachments to target and even less get paid enough to care

Not everyone here has Attachments to target and even less get paid enough to care
Having a better job is definitely a good reason to quit. You should still give proper notice when possible though, just to smooth the transition out for your coworkers so they aren't inconvenienced and stressed out more than Q4 brings already.

Absolutely! But just because Target is a minimum wage retail job, that doesn't justify unprofessional behavior. Luckily you don't have to worry. You're not very likely to get a "real job" with that mentality.

There is no professional way to quit without giving a two week notice. You will be marked as non rehireable.

I have always wondered about this. I mean I know its not right leaving this way but seeing how things run at target over the years its hard to believe there is this large database at corporate that keeps track of all these non-rehireables. Considering all of our stores and that would add up over the years...is there a time limit on this. Just seems weird if you tried to apply 30 years from now and you were still marked non-rehireable.

Absolutely! But just because Target is a minimum wage retail job, that doesn't justify unprofessional behavior. Luckily you don't have to worry. You're not very likely to get a "real job" with that mentality.
I have a real job though. Target is just a side thing

I have a real job though. Target is just a side thing

LOL right okay. Well let's hope you're a professional in your real job and this imaginary one. Two jobs...Target is just a side thing...and this is how you spend your free time. Very interesting.

Good answer. I don't believe in giving a two week notice though because jobs don't give a notice if they're firing us.

That's somewhat logical, except they're relying on you to do a job they pay you for. You're not paying Target. If they were to give you a two week termination notice, you'd likely do your best to be the least productive you could be. Similarly, giving a two week notice opens you up to a potential two weeks of being shit on.

Lol at people going 'dont screw your team' when I bet almost none of your coworkers give a shit about calling out when you're there

There is a difference between being sick and being childish. When you just walk off no one knows "Did something happen? Do we fill his shifts? Is he coming back?" I didn't even say work out the two weeks, I said Tell your TL and grab the form, fill it out and leave." We know you are gone and can plan around it. You don't want to work here? Fine leave, but you should be able to face people with your decision.

The OP asked for advice on leaving, was given solid to such, and took it.
I think this thread has served its purpose.
At this point, any argument is moot.

So a locking we will go, a locking we will go, hi ho a merry oh, a locking we will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back