Stepping down

So I been a sfs TL for about 5 years now at 2 different locations. I am thinking about stepping down. My HRBP said I have to stay in the district but what if no stores in my district is hiring. I want my desire hours to be about 30 n one store said they can give me 10.

So I been a sfs TL for about 5 years now at 2 different locations. I am thinking about stepping down. My HRBP said I have to stay in the district but what if no stores in my district is hiring. I want my desire hours to be about 30 n one store said they can give me 10.
Spot wants part timers, not full time folks. You will get maybe same or reduced pay, but limited hours.

I didn’t think stepping down it’s a thing anymore .
That is why I need to stay in my district bc my HRBP gave me special permission to do it. There is only a handful of stores near me I could even reach out it. I was a temporary tl for last 4th quarter and a 19 months longer of course it is permanent now and I got the tl bonus. However he understands I was only doing it to help out the store and said I did not want it from day one. I only did it to help out my Sd at the time who since leave the company.

I am able to step down and start in the new store next week. But does anyone know if all my vacation time will go with me. I have about 250 hours. Is the max difference for tl compared to tm

You're going to lose a lot of it. Also as a TM you get 2 holidays instead of 6 or 7.

I hope you're able to keep your hours up.

At my new store after I stepped down I was getting 25 hours/week for several months.

What if I live in a state that pays out vacation time. N I have 10 hours next week at the new store

Yes, it's very rare that someone stays with Target. It sounds good, less responsibility, but once you've committed to it they'll cut your hours to the bone.

Keep your mouth shut, don't say a word to anyone about what you used to be and ask for additional hours and stalk the swap shift board for shifts to pickup. Start cashing in those vacation hours ASAP.

Good point y did not I think of that sooner. I am only stepping down bc I got a different job but it is 2am start time and I want to keep target in case I do not like the other job. But everyone at my current store said I will be a team lead again by the end of the year bc they know I am good at it n know what am I doing

I would let Target cut your hours and use up all your PTO to make up the difference.

IMHO Target would not let you be a TL again no matter what.

If they did they would probably pay the minimum starting TL pay.

Last edited:
I would let Target cut your hours and use up all your PTO to make up the difference.

IMHO Target would not let you be a TL again no matter what.

If they did they would probably pay the minimum starting TL pay.
I was a TL, stepped down, and was promoted back to TL 10 months later.

I interviewed for 2 sep openings, was denied the first, then we got a new DSD and I was approved. Money was the same, -3.50 for the demotion, +3.50 for the promotion. If your new SD wants your as a TL, he/she can make it happen. Some time needs to pass though.

I was a TL, stepped down, and was promoted back to TL 10 months later.

I interviewed for 2 sep openings, was denied the first, then we got a new DSD and I was approved. Money was the same, -3.50 for the demotion, +3.50 for the promotion. If your new SD wants your as a TL, he/she can make it happen. Some time needs to pass though.
So it was a wash for Target because they didn't have to pay anyone more than when you left.

I guess that's good for Target.

So I found out my new pay with stepping down and changing states. They took more away from me then I got for the raise of being a team lead. Can they do that? N it is a different rate that my first Hr told me

Back