Stepping down

So I found out my new pay with stepping down and changing states. They took more away from me then I got for the raise of being a team lead. Can they do that? N it is a different rate that my first Hr told me
I guess they pay you whatever they want if you switch jobs.

If you didn't get anything in writing there is not much you can do.

I didn't notice that you moved.

I would just use up my PTO and look for another job in the meantime.

IMHO your PTO will be at the lower rate too.

Your hr would not have any idea what youd make in a different state unless the talked with the new store. You should know what you will he making before signing anything and you should be able to negotiate with your new store. It definitely makes it more difficult since itll be a different area seemingly with a lower base pay.

I did not sign anything. It is a different state but the same district. I did not move. But I like my 20 min commute compared to an hour. My HR had a list of the pay difference btw Tm and tl for the whole district.

I did not sign anything. It is a different state but the same district. I did not move. But I like my 20 min commute compared to an hour. My HR had a list of the pay difference btw Tm and tl for the whole district.
Now I understand so you save 40 minutes commuting which is a factor.

However I find it odd that same district would have a different pay rate even if it is a different state.

it all depends on the area. I know the store I was at first starts at 16 bc no one in that area wants to work. Now I am at a store in a mall and I thought mall stores started at more

Difference between TM and TL at my store is $6.75. the store 10 miles away the difference is still $4.00. when you demote, they usually take away the difference. I would go to your original HR and ask for help.

It’s not odd at all . I have stores in my district that pay for tm is 16 and Tl at 21 yet my store is 17.50 for tm and 24.50 for Tl
Agreed. We have stores in a major metro, and stores a few hours away in smaller towns. The small towns don’t pay as well.

Back