Archived Steritech possibly coming tomorrow, what to look out for in Pfresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll more than likely be having a Steritech visit tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone has pointers, tips, or things to look out for to get a good score. I've gone through a visit while at Starbucks, but this is the first time I'll be at Pfresh for a visit.

I've been part of 3 visits from Steritech during my time in P-Fresh so I'm just going to post all of the stuff I remember, sorry if I can't remember specific terms.

- Questions you should expect.

1) What are three things that could attract pests?
2) What are the steps involved in cleaning a shelf? (with the degreaser, water, etc.)
3) What do you do when you see signs of a pest infestation?
4) How would you properly calibrate a food thermometer?

- Things to look out for on the floor & backrooms

1) Make sure there are no expired items on the floor or in any backroom locations

2) Make sure poultry is separated into it's own area in the backroom and if it's on one of the push racks make sure it's on the bottom shelf part. Same goes for keeping uncooked meats below the cooked ones.

3) In the meat cooler make sure the cooked processed meat is located above the uncooked meat. Also make sure there's no cooked meat sharing a waco with uncooked. Same goes for mixing things like chicken and turkey dogs with the beef or pork products.

4) Make sure there's no damage to any of those metal sidings in the produce and meat coolers. Those things that connect right where the wall meets the floor.

5) Make sure there are no sponges, kitchen brushes, etc. sitting near the sinks in the ambient room.

6) I'm sure your team makes sure someone has mopped the floors in all of the coolers and ambient room every morning, but I would definitely make sure to check the dairy cooler. Even if someone spends as little as five minutes pushing milk, that floor can get messy quickly.

7) Check for any funny smells around the uncooked meats out on the floor and in the back.

8) Make sure the QMOS bin, trash bins, and sinks are all properly marked. And that you always have a properly sized (or as close size as possible) bag in each trash bin even if it is empty.

9) Make sure the soap dispenser is filled and that you do have a proper amount (I think around half full) of paper towels in the paper towel dispenser by the sink.

10) Make sure you have enough of those PH strips to test the sanitizer with. Two of those little containers (?) of them should be good. It's also a good idea to know the proper PH balance that the sanitizer should be at. It's right on the front of that little kit you keep the bottles in.

11) Make sure that if you have a dairy endcap with eggs, that nothing else can go below eggs except for more eggs. And that if there are eggs on the bottom shelf, only other eggs can be beside them.

12) Check for any signs of mold under any produce items, like corn, in those square shaped wicker baskets out on the floor.

13) Make sure there are no unnecessary fixtures (pushers, freezer shelves, etc.) in the ambient room.

That's about everything I can think of right now, good luck on your visit.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try to answer the questions..

1) I know spills and debris, what's the third?

2) Remove whatever is on the shelf, wash, rinse, sanitize, and air dry.

3) Alert the LOD and put it in the pest control log.

4) Fill the calibration cup (half-full?) with ice, then to line with cold water. Let it sit for 1 minute, insert probe all the way through the lid, making sure it doesn't tough the sides or bottom.

Are these close?

What are the rules for hand washing in Pfresh? I don't remember being told anything about it in training.

What attracts pests? I believed they only asked for three answers, but here's the ones I remember

- Openings or gaps in the walls or doors

- Encrusted spills

- Opened food packages

- Spoiled or rotten food

For the sanizter one, I would check with a knowledgeable TM or TL, but I think it went

- Clear products from shelf

- Spray degreaser, wipe area with paper towel, spray water, wipe area with paper towel, then spray the sanitizer and aloow it to air dry.

You've got the right answer for the sign of a pest infestation and I believe that is the correct answer for calibrating the thermometer.

Don't remember the exact process for handwashing, but I believe you wet your hands and forearms first, then apply the soap and lather it around in your hands and over your forearms for 15 seconds, rinse it all off, dry with the paper towels, and then make sure you use your paper towel to turn the faucet off.

They actually hit our P-Fresh team the time before last for not having those country of origin signs up (I forget if it was all of them missing, or just a few). Seriously.

They actually hit our P-Fresh team the time before last for not having those country of origin signs up (I forget if it was all of them missing, or just a few). Seriously.

Totally forgot about that one! This one is very important and something they always check for.

Is it correct that we do not have to put country of origin signs up for packaged produce? At first we did, but now we've been told differently.

Is it correct that we do not have to put country of origin signs up for packaged produce? At first we did, but now we've been told differently.

Yes, I believe that is correct. If it's something that's packaged, say lettuce, then you don't need the label since it says where it's from on the package. But things like bananas, cucumbers, watermelons, apples, etc. need them.

Thanks for the help everyone! We're green across the board for the month, hopefully it stays that way after tomorrow!

Remember the simple things! Cleaning supplies ALWAYS in the red tote and in the proper order! Check ham steaks and applewood hams! They're ready-to-eat and shouldn't be with uncooked meat.

Remember other food-safety things in the stockroom - pet food seperated from litter (and pet bedding grass material), baby food away from baby chemi's. Baler/compacter free of debris. blah blah blah.

Make sure you have no regular shopping carts in your coolers or freezers.
No ice drips in any of your freezers onto your wacos
no rips or gunk in the folds of your freezer/cooler door gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back