Archived Stickers! for kids – What's your "policy?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
We have the "I Buckled Up for Safety" Bullseye stickers at our registers for children.

Often, children are either kind of (old?) grown, or are just evil brats and undeserving of a sticker.

Does your store have stickers? Do you give them out to every child?

We have them. If we're busy, usually are, I don't have time to hand them out. If kid asks nicely or are well behaved, absolutely. Try to encourage good behavior from our future guests. Between scanning and bagging and trying to push RC and AAR, and having front end hours slashed, just don't have time.

Also, will hand them out when I am trying to get the parents to do a survey about how amazing their checkout experience was. LOL

trying to push RC and AAR

What's "AAR?"

At my store, they're very worried about pushing this beta loyalty program called Target Red, and I've never been asked to push REDcard. Although if they were very attentive and interested in Target Red, I tell them about REDcard and the whole 5% thing.

We don't always have them in stock. When we do have them, I will give them out to older preteen kids (say, 4-12ish) who ask nicely, and offer them to younger kids who are generally behaving. But those are only after I finish scanning all of the parents' items and am waiting for payment. If a kid of any age pesters me for stickers while I'm busy scanning and have told them that they need to wait until I can look, they automatically get rejected. I'll open the drawer and "oops, no, sorry, don't have any today."

If I'm at SCO, I'll also sometimes use them as a bribe to get younger kids in the back of a cart to sit the hell down.

We have them at our checklanes. I give them out if a parent asks or the kid asks nicely and appears to have the parent's approval.. if they don't, I ask them if it's okay.
I've thought about asking, but then again, who doesn't like free stickers? lol

Throw them out. They end up all over the floor and stuck to carts.

Love,
A PMT

YES!!! I hate when the little devils stick that stuff to the glossy plastic below the credit card machine platform. I try to keep my register clean and this is the hardest place from which to remove these stupid things.

I don’t give stickers to kids unless they ask. And even then I don’t want to.
I don't feel bad not giving them out unless the kind was really well-behaved.
And there have been a few that either demand stickers or make sly conversation to their parents like, "mommy, where are the stickers?" and the parent is like, (in a loud voice directed at me) "I don't know, you're going to have to ASK NICELY." -__- Yeah okay, dude, just tell me you want stickers.

AAR is add-ons in electronics, I believe. Like, buy a TV and add on cables or a Fire Stick or stuff like that. Or buy a phone and add cables and a case

What's "AAR?"

At my store, they're very worried about pushing this beta loyalty program called Target Red, and I've never been asked to push REDcard. Although if they were very attentive and interested in Target Red, I tell them about REDcard and the whole 5% thing.

Attachments/warranties for electronics, and Gillette razors.

Might be included at my store as well, but none of the GSTL/GSAs ask us cashiers directly about those. LOD hounds electronics on a nightly basis over the walkie for the AAR numbers.

@PassinTime @fun at target

Interesting... I know the prompt comes up when some electronics are purchased (the funniest thing I saw come with a protection plan was a spinning toothbrush that was like $12 and the protection was like $5), but we've never been told to push for it.

I just ask, robotically, "did you want to add the 2-year protection for x-amount?"

I've thought about asking, but then again, who doesn't like free stickers? lol

YES!!! I hate when the little devils stick that stuff to the glossy plastic below the credit card machine platform. I try to keep my register clean and this is the hardest place from which to remove these stupid things.

I don't feel bad not giving them out unless the kind was really well-behaved.
And there have been a few that either demand stickers or make sly conversation to their parents like, "mommy, where are the stickers?" and the parent is like, (in a loud voice directed at me) "I don't know, you're going to have to ASK NICELY." -__- Yeah okay, dude, just tell me you want stickers.
You better believe though I wait for them to asknicely. You don’t get a sticker from me by asking mom. I’m happy to give you one but you have to ask me

More often than not I don’t have any in the drawer or by the register. I don’t just hand them out to kids, though, they either have to be really well behaved (which includes asking me directly and politely if they want the sticker) or sometimes I’ll surprise kids (3-10 is the usual age range, old enough not to eat the sticker and generally smart enough not to stick it to the cart, counter, etc.) who help their parents get groceries onto the belt and bags off the end of the checklanes. I also make a point of verbally recognizing good behavior from even some of our youngest guests, sometimes with a high five too, to show them it’s appreciated and not just something for Mom and Dad to nag them about.

Heck, in my store that includes the protection plan.
It stands for accessory attachment rate so it technically only includes accessories when selling a big item that typically needs some small ones. It does not include protection plans although you should be selling those too. AAR isn’t really a thing anymore and definitely should be pushed on the front it’s more of an electronics thing

You better believe though I wait for them to asknicely. You don’t get a sticker from me by asking mom. I’m happy to give you one but you have to ask me
I tell my cashiers to give stickers to anyone and everyone. They’re made to give out and make them happy. You’re there to ring their groceries and provide them with a great experience not to parent their kids. I could care less if that kid has manors, it’s not up to me to decide. I’ve actually written up a TM for refusing a kid a sticker because they didn’t ask nicely.

I heavily advise against sticker giving lol that said AP is the only group handing out stickers recently.

I may have swiped a few EAS stickers from AP that set off the detectors at the front of stores and told kids they were “robocop” stickers, or maybe not. Not my kids lol

It used to be fun to give out the stickers when they changed every season or so but we’ve had the stupid safety stickers for god knows how long and I’m sure the kids are sick of them too.
Most kids honestly don’t care they just like the sticker itself

Safety?? We have Bullseye in sun glasses, sippin' an ICEE, and a few others.
When we got those I was like FINALLY I’m tired of the safety stickers but then they never sent us any more so we ran out hella fast but we have BOXES of the safety stickers!!! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back