Still not accruing vacation time

Happened last paycheck, and happened again this time. Didn't get any. Currently have something like 2.37 hours of vacation time saved up so it's not like I hit a limit or something.

I found a post from a few years back about how you have to get a certain average of hours to get vacation time, but I've had months of one day per week where my average hours were dropping like a rock and I still accrued vacation time. My average hours are now going up and still nothing. Does anyone know what gives here??

Ck on ehr or targetpayandbenefits.com for vacation totals. You can call HROC or ask your hr.
From your other thread.

Last edited:
Happened last paycheck, and happened again this time. Didn't get any. Currently have something like 2.37 hours of vacation time saved up so it's not like I hit a limit or something.

I found a post from a few years back about how you have to get a certain average of hours to get vacation time, but I've had months of one day per week where my average hours were dropping like a rock and I still accrued vacation time. My average hours are now going up and still nothing. Does anyone know what gives here??
Are you maxed out?
Length of employment = max vacation hours

Happened last paycheck, and happened again this time. Didn't get any. Currently have something like 2.37 hours of vacation time saved up so it's not like I hit a limit or something.... I found a post from a few years back about how you have to get a certain average of hours to get vacation time, but I've had months of one day per week where my average hours were dropping like a rock and I still accrued vacation time. My average hours are now going up and still nothing. Does anyone know what gives here??....
The average hours for vacation pay eligibility are set, just like other benefits, based on the previous year. If during the year 2019 your annual average weekly hours fell below 20.0 hours, then as of April 1, 2020 you would no longer be eligible to earn vacation hours. That would explain why your two most recent paychecks included no new vacation hours. Check with your HR for specifics on your situation.

The average hours for vacation pay eligibility are set, just like other benefits, based on the previous year. If during the year 2019 your annual average weekly hours fell below 20.0 hours, then as of April 1, 2020 you would no longer be eligible to earn vacation hours. That would explain why your two most recent paychecks included no new vacation hours. Check with your HR for specifics on your situation.
I did ask, HR said they had no idea what was going on. You guys gave me more info than them. Thanks

Like @jackandcat said, it’s based off of last years average. Your PTO benefits are similar to your medical/optical/dental benefits in this regard. If you don’t average enough hours last year then you don’t qualify this year to accrue. Whatever you averaged between Jan-Dec affects what you earn for April-March.

Like @jackandcat said, it’s based off of last years average. Your PTO benefits are similar to your medical/optical/dental benefits in this regard. If you don’t average enough hours last year then you don’t qualify this year to accrue. Whatever you averaged between Jan-Dec affects what you earn for April-March.
But— one thing I learned. Your first year, when they haven’t calculated your benefits yet— you earn it. But then it will stop next April if you fall below. I got so confused lol. I started at the end of March a few years back so I got a whole years worth of earning (not much though bc I didn’t work much that first year)

Back